VintgeTEqParts FJ / BJ / HJ 60 / 62 Series Technical Solutions ........ (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here are some better pictures from my 1985. The vacuum routing diagram doesn’t have any identifier except 2F and USA. The other emissions sticker says it is California spec for 1985View attachment 2420929View attachment 2420930

thanks

im gonna print both images out and study in detail ...........

can you think of anything on a 8/80-8/83 FJ60 that is has , that a same pro date FJ40 would not ?

emissions equipment wise i refer to

DIY says same decal for 40 series and 60 series alike .... 🤔

Here it is in an ‘87....same thing.
10403C5E-F8BA-4321-B7E4-B31CB0384359.jpeg

Here it is in an ‘87....same thing.
View attachment 2421482
Here are some better pictures from my 1985. The vacuum routing diagram doesn’t have any identifier except 2F and USA. The other emissions sticker says it is California spec for 1985View attachment 2420929View attachment 2420930

thanks fellas for the photos and TECH too ,!

if i make a run of these , would you really re-apply the Faithful Reproduction ones in same obscure location

or

on underside of hood in a location that makes sense , and simply leave the inner fender one un-disturbed ?

or

maybe i offer up qty x 2 at a reduced price and add one to hood and replace inner fender too ?

personally , i would leave the inner fender be , and simply add the new one to under hood facing a direction i could use as i work on the engine during a de-smog for example ?

just my thoughts and method ........

thanks again

matt

For me, I would probably keep a fresh version in my glove box or center console. I know it probably not your thing, but I could see something larger (9x6"?) on card stock or plastic or maybe even a flexible magnet. Other than the OEM aesthetic, having a small sticker in a fixed location anywhere in the engine compartment just isn't that useful for troubleshooting or repair purposes. I also have kept flexible magnets on my glove box door. It might be cool to have one OEM-sized to put there.

I would also like to know what the numbers/letters in circles mean in the drawing: 4,5,6,8 and a,b,c and either "0" or "O". Anyone have any idea?

For me, I would probably keep a fresh version in my glove box or center console. I know it probably not your thing, but I could see something larger (9x6"?) on card stock or plastic or maybe even a flexible magnet. Other than the OEM aesthetic, having a small sticker in a fixed location anywhere in the engine compartment just isn't that useful for troubleshooting or repair purposes. I also have kept flexible magnets on my glove box door. It might be cool to have one OEM-sized to put there.

I would also like to know what the numbers/letters in circles mean in the drawing: 4,5,6,8 and a,b,c and either "0" or "O". Anyone have any idea?

i like this idea

then you can move the magent to under hood or on fender while working on the engine bay

a portable idea version ROCKS !

good show......... :D

@ToyotaMatt count me in for a VAC line routing Magnet.

That is brilliant! I want one for my beer fridge just as a reminder of the good ol' spaghetti line pre DESMOG days!

well here we are at last , Decal day has arrived .............. :)

275132A3-103D-4805-8475-912E6253C281 - Copy.jpg

4F454602-3692-44BB-B5DF-0FB479C28DBB - Copy.jpeg

Last edited:
where do i buy?

im setting up the website next

i literately just walked into the shop with a huge 1000pc roll of these guys :cool:

OK Its LIVE on in the store now , special Introductory promotion price point as well ............

Thanks !

See this link to be taken directly to New Product release decal Emissions

@4runner2FJ60

Last edited:
62 folks can put there minds at ease when it comes to the Availability of there OEM TOYOTA Ignition Lock Key Cylinders for the foreseeable future

i scooped up 32 pcs from a lock and key Vendor shutting its doors for the long term due to COVID 19........

its sad to see so many small business suffer like that :confused:

DSCN4306.JPG
DSCN4314.JPG
DSCN4316.JPG

index999999999999999999999999999999 - Copy - Copy.png

Skunk-Works Update Live Real Time :

DHL just delivered this Sample to me , and all i can say is:
OM J.I.S. GOD ! :idea:

i am still in the R&D Phase here to be clear but ...................

if every FJ60 2F 's use this particular 2 Port Hose Bib Union , then the options and the sky are the Limit , ..?

and of course , it's a NON-USA OEM TOYOTA Part , and plenty more can be had .....

Feelers ?

Feedback ?

Ideas ?

Bring it on :D

Call-Out # 87205

87251-90A01

Joint Or Union, Front Heater Hose Through Or Inlet Valve

FRONT HEATER HOSE THROUGH OR INLET VALVE

[08.1980 - 08.1987] FJ60 W/RR HEATER NO.1

1602358419965 - Copy123.png

Last edited:
thanks

im gonna print both images out and study in detail ...........

can you think of anything on a 8/80-8/83 FJ60 that is has , that a same pro date FJ40 would not ?

emissions equipment wise i refer to

DIY says same decal for 40 series and 60 series alike .... 🤔
Matt, did you ever make the emissions control label? the one to to the right of the emissions routing? I looked on your site and can't find it. also emailed you through your site a couple days ago.. looking for this one:
IMG_2507.jpg

Hello Matt, you make any progress on the items you show in post 175? I’d like to purchase both parts if possible as mine are pretty nasty looking.

cheers, James

Matt, did you ever make the emissions control label? the one to to the right of the emissions routing? I looked on your site and can't find it. also emailed you through your site a couple days ago.. looking for this one:
View attachment 2478516
Hello

I have not tackled any modle year specific decals yet

I took the time after the holidays last year / jan 2020

to study the under and well before the eager new apprentice of a retired bootleg Detroit Decal pirate

let’s be clear here for a moment back in the 70,s and 80,s
Gm ford and Chrysler etc had copyrighted most of the high end muscle car decals and there street rod divisions
Like Shelby , and GM who make the crate target motors
We’re greedy and would screw with anyone pumping out any type of reproduction. Stickers and decal

no internet Wild West going on like now either

I was very curious about this topic so I got my former
DUI lawer from the 2000”s. Whom helped me get out of some of some serious let’s just say 1986 Pontiac Aero Coupe 2+2
Crate 350 and flow master exhaust street racing trouble of my younger days

He was able to conclude toyota never copyrighted Any decals
And any print media FSM or owner manauls ones ran out long ago

some never were transferred or enforceable across the Pacific Ocean in a differert countries either

hence how sor .com has all the print media reprints known to man kind on hand here in 2020

hell they were banging out copied clones while toyota material. Handling was still offering the original oarnge 40 and 60 owners manuals for 9.99

sor was asking $20 +

go figure ?

so , for now no modle year specific ones unless you anyone. Has a creative idea to help me make it happen now ?

I get charged a artwork and set up fee for any new decals

and I pay more even then for it to be rendered in my name as my own works. Design property

if I did not do this costly extra step any shop could
Use my work say on eBay and F me in a lower asking
Price etc

I will brutally honest and totally transparent here on this topic:

I had to invest a few and I will leave it at a few ...

hundred dollars in artwork design time and then the whole addional legal rights aspect to the new emissions
Routing diagram white one

why ?

because I felt strongly it was a good move and a great
Way to help out a wide range of various land cruiser owners

remember :

- it’s Not modle year soecific covers 8/80-9/87

- Fj40 and Fj60

- I have also been. Told but not seen a example yet
It’s good on a Canada. Spec. Fj45 2F 8/80-1984 ?

if so this is killer kool !

I have in no way recouped the initial start ups to this decal
But a lot of folks have expressed interest so we will see ?

I hope it can help the masses like I dreamed up in the Skunk-Works Lab that late night not that long ago ?

If anyone has a installed photos of my new emissions
Routing diagram decal please pm me them
Or post here

I would be greatfull beyond words

Hello Matt, you make any progress on the items you show in post 175? I’d like to purchase both parts if possible as mine are pretty nasty looking.

cheers, James

YES , post 175 reproduction made in Japan jis
Water shut off valve is a real deal and can and does
Shut off all coolant flow at the fire wall drivers side
Heater hose

did u just need the jis valve shut off assy ?
Or

the L / T shape hose bib. Tower too ?

Please send me a PM to further discuss

what all I can assist with in details

thanks

Hello Matt, Just adding this here so others can benefit. I'll shoot a pm as well. I'm looking for the tower and the t item that is attached to it, see picture below with arrow pointing to item.

Engine.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom