Ga. Cruisers Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks! I’ve been looking at “bring your trailor” and other sales the last 6 months. I’m going to list it at $35. I’m working on lots of photos and a thourough video this week.

Thanks! I’ve been looking at “bring your trailor” and other sales the last 6 months. I’m going to list it at $35. I’m working on lots of photos and a thourough video this week.
I hope you get what you are asking. That’s a nice late model 40 you have. It’s a shame you are selling it. We were the only 2 with red 40’s at the meetup earlier this year. GLWS!

Hey there! Looking to make some connections with some Atlanta-area 40ers. I've got an '82 so I can add to that red cohort - nice looking 40 McSavage. Hope you find a good home for it. There is a guy that I've found in Duluth through this forum (Peter Merriam with Merriam Automotive) that you might want to connect with. He's a 40 guy and could help you out with the flutter and/or help find you a home for the '82.

How do you find out about the meet ups? I'd like to get to know other 40 owners in the area! I'm in Alpharetta.

Here's my '82
FJ delivery.jpeg

Last edited:
Not sure this is of any interest, but this was in the most recent Consumer Reports. They didn't include a "rock traction" category which is unfortunate.
IMG_2472.JPG

Random to not see BFG's on the list. Super Swamper missing is a complete failure

An ATL guy in the 100 section wants to armor his truck because of all the random shootings in ATL. WTF? Paranoid much?

He may have a valid point . In Atlanta there have been over 20 interstate shootings since January and about a half a dozen deaths in those shootings. This is not a safe place to ride down the interstate or through many areas in town. Charging officers with crimes for defending themselves has improved police morale. Defunding the police is paying off. They are bringing the state patrol into the city to help with crime. Shootings in the city are up as a whole as well.

Last edited:
Well - as an LEO for 27 years who works in ATL and points north, I think I am qualified to assess the situation. :lol:
I have lived and worked in far more dangerous cities. It never once crossed my mind in the US that I needed an armored vehicle. Outside the US other agencies had them but not mine and I worked in a war zone :meh:
I guess that makes me fool hardy :meh:

if you're that concerned move the F#$! out of Atlanta and let them shoot each other. 2 problems solved.

He may have a valid point . In Atlanta there have been over 20 interstate shootings since January and about a half a dozen deaths in those shootings. This is not a safe place to ride down the interstate or through many areas in town. Charging officers with crimes for defending themselves has improved police morale. Defunding the police is paying off. They are bringing the state patrol into the city to help with crime. Shootings in the city are up as a whole as well.
He doesn't have a valid point. Something like 350k cars pass through the connector every day. So .00005% chance your car will be shot at. Exponentially lower if you don't act like an idiot and road rage. Also, Atlanta never defunded their police. If you shoot someone in the back when they run away, you should be held accountable. Lets let the court system make that decision. Shootings are up, agreed. Damn near every incident is amongst known parties so don't join a gang, don't sell drugs to people you don't trust, and don't pick fights with people that have guns.

If you're scared of the city, don't come here. Atlanta is a great place and is thriving.

If you aren't scarerd, come to Steady Hand Brewing this Saturday from 1-5pm for Ales and Overland or whatever they call it. Always a good time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom