Odd place for coolant to come out of (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So your rocker arm shaft has the connection for the copper tube? The P.O. must have switched out shafts.

I took the head off today and it was the wrong gasket. SOR came through and in 2 days had the correct HG on my porch. It fixed the leak and it's running strong.

IMG_3357.jpg

IMG_3358.jpg

IMG_3363 marked up.jpg

nice to find the issue and get it resolved.

You guys are great and have lead me in the right direction for things on here to search for. I looked at dozens of photos of different years of blocks, heads and head gaskets. Seems someone put a F1.5 head on the original F block. BTW I don't think I mentioned this is a but the 40 is 11/1970 and engine number is F 333 022. I think I may have the wrong head gasket since from photos it appears my engine has a coolant passage in the block where the F1.5 and F2 engines have an oil passage. So in my case the head Felpro gasket might be more of a universal fit POS (?) and joins my coolant passage on the block with the head bolt oil passage to the rocker arms on my F1.5 head. I think I just have to take it apart to find out. unfortunately.

For the head gasket, I keep reading in older post to use a Toyota gasket but it looks like they are discontinued now. Who sells a good gasket that is engine generation specific without combining holes generic fit
My FJ40 has the reverse problem. Apparently a 1.5F block and a 1F head. I’m still investigating.
I bought this July FJ40 body with the Nov 1974 block from a guy in Santa Barbara twenty years ago. Also odd, the casting number 60032 appears on the block and the head and someone apparently tapped into a rocker pedestal to put oil on the rocker assembly so now I have an oil bypass running outside of the engine.

65258BFF-4277-423F-842F-28CF38CBB352.jpeg

Looks like both our PO's are backyard mechanic innovators. LOL An update to my saga, after spending all the time and $$$ on the engine, trans, TC, brakes, axle parts, tires, I ended up with a FJ60 chassis with a good running drivetrain newer tires and better looking rims than I had. Also has PS and disc which were future upgrades I had planned but would have been very expensive. So glad I found this 60 chassis, but wish wish the timing was prior to any work I had done.

Looks like both our PO's are backyard mechanic innovators. LOL An update to my saga, after spending all the time and $$$ on the engine, trans, TC, brakes, axle parts, tires, I ended up with a FJ60 chassis with a good running drivetrain newer tires and better looking rims than I had. Also has PS and disc which were future upgrades I had planned but would have been very expensive. So glad I found this 60 chassis, but wish wish the timing was prior to any work I had done.
What happened to the FJ40? Are you transplanting FJ60 parts to the FJ40?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom