Transfer case spacer for 3 to 4 speed transmission swap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am in the process of swapping from 3 to 4 speed transmission on my 69 fj40. I have the new input gear already for the swap. My transfer case had the PTO gear working as a spacer. This will not work on the 4 speed however. Does anyone make / sell the spacer needed to replace the PTO gear? I have seen picture of what I am looking for on one of Posers threads in the past but nothing about where to get one. thanks

Probably easier to locate the PTO. For what ever reason the spacers are harder to find. Had a vendor trade me a spacer for a four speed mate to the one piece transfer case for a split case PTO gear.

Are you saying The 4 spd spacers are rare ,, that’s all I have ever seen on my rigs. I’ve never seen a 4spd pto gear . ,interesting. I have a few of the spacers for a 4spd t-case In a bucket of spare parts. ,,

Only thing I can think of is the four speed replacement of the three speed was common enough that many went for those. Others probably just got tossed. The PTO gear on the other hand looks like something. I might have a few of the spacers somewhere. I do know I have some sixteen spline PTO gears. My 68 has one installed. Might use one in my 73 FST but will probably use a Fairey Overdrive which uses it's own PTO gear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom