Vibration after caster plate install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A little background. I bought this rig a couple years ago from a member on here. It already had the lift and washer mod done. The washer mod can be found here.

On my rig the front bolt holes were elongated by 14mm with the washer mod. No other holes were touched. The plates brought the hole down a bit further. (In hindsite I should have measured how much further and gotten a caster reading from a shop before just going head with the plates). Lesson learned with this one I guess.

As for why I went this way was simply to get a little better drivability from the plates. I just returned from a 5000 mile road trip so the rig was very drivable the way it was. Was just hoping to see a huge difference but that wasn’t the case. It does track a little straighter but the trade off just isn’t worth it in my case.

I would just live with it. I have castor plates and 4” lift with a DC shaft. Still get vibrations.

Im still learning these rigs. I only get the vibes from 10-20 mph on acceleration. Any long term effects from just ignoring it? I just want it to be trouble free like it has been for the past few years.

It looks like you might have installed the wrong plates. Your lift is likely more than what they are designed to be used for. It's because you have the 30mm packers in there. What is the measurment fron the front hub's center to the underside of the flare.

It looks like you might have installed the wrong plates. Your lift is likely more than what they are designed to be used for. It's because you have the 30mm packers in there. What is the measurment fron the front hub's center to the underside of the flare.

22.1 hub to bottom of fender. No flares. I’m heavy up front. Dual batteries and arb bumper. Packers are in there just until I can get some better dual rate springs.

22.1 hub to bottom of fender. No flares. I’m heavy up front. Dual batteries and arb bumper. Packers are in there just until I can get some better dual rate springs.
At that height the plates are inducing too much correction. The washer mod was probably a better fit. If you were to raise the front by an inch things would likely run smooth.

At that height the plates are inducing too much correction. The washer mod was probably a better fit. If you were to raise the front by an inch things would likely run smooth.

This is the guy to listen to. :)

Perfect. This is the exact answer I was looking for. I’ll start looking at options. Thanks much!

Make sure the drive shaft slip splines haven’t been over greased. It should slide free in and out without sticking or sucking back in. I’ve had 3 in the last couple months that were over greased and not allowing the shaft to slip as it should and causing vibrations.

Make sure the drive shaft slip splines haven’t been over greased. It should slide free in and out without sticking or sucking back in. I’ve had 3 in the last couple months that were over greased and not allowing the shaft to slip as it should and causing vibrations.

Made sure of that yesterday when I dropped the shaft out to confirm vibes would go away.

Reactions: AJR

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom