Conflicted about the radio options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'd love to keep my stock radio but there are buzzing noises and the tape deck line in adapter from radio shack is not cutting it. Any ideas on the best looking 2 din radios that actually have some buttons and still have good line in or bluetooth?

Go on crutchfield site and look at there double din selection...some really nice ones to choose from

I put in an Eonon Android 10 unit.
bluetooth, wifi, gps, yadda yadda yadda
I had to shave the top of the trim bezel on the truck about a 1/16" of an inch to make it fit, looks like it grew there. I like it.

I put in an Eonon Android 10 unit.
bluetooth, wifi, gps, yadda yadda yadda
I had to shave the top of the trim bezel on the truck about a 1/16" of an inch to make it fit, looks like it grew there. I like it.
can you take a photo? Would love to see it....

A few Kenwoods have a descent look and have buttons but I’m partial to Alpine for sound quality. It’s pretty hard to pick up settle differences in sound output unless you’ve put a bunch of effort into sound-deadening.

I say, go with Kenwood.

If you want it to look somewhat analog you can always go with Mcintosh.

My $.02: I have a 2018 Kenwood DDX--- (non on-board nav), and I will likely swap it for something else. Fitment and install went fine. It's more a problem with that particular generation of Kenwood imo. There's a thing called "weblink," and its garbage. (slow to boot, gives me the software agreement every time my phone syncs up with the deck, etc etc.)
Anything current with Android auto or Apple carplay (most support both) should be just fine. If you use other things for navigation, you could even run a single din head unit and gain a place to put crap.

This about the only option, in my opinion.
-Looks wonderful.
-green illumination
-And most importantly a volume KNOB

Sony-XAV-AX1000-Double-Din-Radio-1024x716.jpeg

Maybe he can use the remote control.🤷🏻‍♂️
I think the sony is a good compromise... family demands modern conveniences but i want the OEM look.... I think i'll concede this round and save chips for other moments... there is something a little off at first about looking down at a large touchscreen in a 25 year old truck, but i'm sure the upsides outweigh... good price too... Thanks for the help, as always!

Amazon product ASIN B077JWK5QQ
This cheap headunit has worked great for me. Touch screen and has a volume knob. A must in my book. Android head unit too. Been fine for 4 years now and still kicking.

Sorry no pic of the install but it fits cleanly and you can program the "Toyota" emblem on the screen when it boots up.

This about the only option, in my opinion.
-Looks wonderful.
-green illumination
-And most importantly a volume KNOB

View attachment 2471769

I have a similar Sony unit. It fits perfectly and looks great on, and when off. The infinitely adjustable illumination is perfect.

This radio is very discreet and looks right at home. One thing to consider is that this stereo is flat black, unlike the McIntosh (awesome audio company) and every other stereo on the market.

Every aftermarket stereo seems to be made in hyper gloss black. I had a Pioneer in my 80 and the glossy finish was an eyesore. There isn’t a single glossy surface in the interior of an 80.

fit to frame
xyh5BDt.jpg

Start up page... the logo is settable. I haven't downloaded the MGB logo yet, (see avatar)
iu5FCMLm.jpg

main screen
PiqOt0jm.jpg

and because you asked bout the Bluetooth, here is the pairing screen:
CsBcoj6m.jpg

fit to frame
xyh5BDt.jpg

Start up page... the logo is settable. I haven't downloaded the MGB logo yet, (see avatar)
iu5FCMLm.jpg

main screen
PiqOt0jm.jpg

and because you asked bout the Bluetooth, here is the pairing screen:
CsBcoj6m.jpg

Which is this one? The “cheap”er Amazon one linked above?

It's an EONON Android 10. It does look similar to the "cheaper" Amazon unit, but not exactly the same.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom