BJ-74 Transfer case Front shaft seal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm seeing 90311-48009 for the original part number, with 90311-48022 being the current one. Looking back at photos, when I rebuilt my transfer case I had one each of 90311-48003, -48010, -48022, and -48023. The -48009 and -48022 both show as SEAL, OIL (FOR OUTPUT SHAFT BEARING FRONT RETAINER), the others don't mention front retainer.

I will have to look at my receipts but I just got this seal from cruiser outfit. I have the number in Colorado so I can’t get it until Sunday.
If you are leaking it’s Probabaly because the breather is plugged on the tcase or the front output bearing is hammered. My breather was plugged and my bearing was shot.

My front leaking seal ended up with me rebuilding the tcase.

I will check the breather. What is a good way to check if the bearing is shot ?

lateral movement of the bearing Or notchy feeling. Mine was pretty notchy. My breather was plugged badly which I think finally blew the seal out. Not too mention my transmission/tcase seal was completely thrashed and brittle.

lateral movement of the bearing Or notchy feeling. Mine was pretty notchy. My breather was plugged badly which I think finally blew the seal out. Not too mention my transmission/tcase seal was completely thrashed and brittle.
Is 90311-48022 the current number for the seal

Is 90311-48022 the current number for the seal

For some reason I can’t find the receipt for that or an email for the order which is strange.

edit. Found it. TC48009 from cruiser outfitters which should be 90311-48009 Which 48022 is the supercession.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom