SOLD Charleston, SC: '05 LX470 / 193K Miles / One Registered Owner / New Timing Belt & Water Pump (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. LX470
Mileage
Color
Black
Outside Link
https://danielbergeyphotography.pixieset.com/lexus/
Hello Everyone,

After unsuccessfully making the case that my fiancé should sell her Cayenne and drive a 100 series, I've decided to post this thread.

I recently purchased this LX470 in Florida from the original owner, who bought it after his initial lease had expired. He conveyed a USB with extensive/impeccable service records (brakes, et all) spanning the life of the vehicle. A link to clean Carfax & AutoCheck reports is below.

The timing belt, water pump, serpentine belt & tensioner were replaced under 1000 miles ago. I installed a new stainless steel muffler and hood struts. Recent alignment and oil just changed. She drives and stops as she should. The differential lock engages smoothly, the AHC works flawlessly, and the engine sounds great.

There are two new 275/60R18 Michelin LTX M/S tires and three (incl. spare) with over 60% tread remaining.

The interior is immaculate. The exceptions are a 1" tear in the driver's door panel (only visible when the door is open) and wear on the left side of the steering wheel. Based on the undercarriage, I don't believe she has ever seen a dirt road. Please note the current rear de-badge: The original owner caulked the 3rd brake light instead of replacing the entire assembly to fix the seal. I had the upper section of the rear hatch repainted to remedy damaged paint and installed a new Toyota brake light assembly.

A photographer friend did me a favor with the listing pics. Here's the entire collection in high-resolution:

If you prefer cell quality/indoor pics, please see the below links. The below were taken after I had the LX detailed:
Additional Exterior (cell quality / florescent lighting)
Additional Interior (cell quality)
Additional Undercarriage (cell quality)

Carfax / AutoCheck

Frankly, I'm disappointed that we're selling this, while the Cayenne depreciates into nothingness. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves. Not perfect, but a very clean, honest, 100 series, which I believe is reasonably priced. Happy to provide other pics or specific information upon request.

$ALE PENDING

Thanks for looking!
Chip

20201007-DSC02942.jpg

20201007-DSC02940.jpg

20201007-DSC02939.jpg

20201007-DSC02905.jpg

20201007-DSC02974.jpg

Last edited:
Great looking truck! GLWS

That's a pretty sweet one! Let me check the in 'ol bank account and I'll pm ya if there's enough in there

The Title is or isn't in the seller's name?

Thanks for the positive comments @Yellow Jacket & @iSpearfish! She's really clean. I did baseline services and cleanup hoping to keep this in the family for a while. Makes a good stablemate for our '04 G500, since it's a lot more comfortable.

Good question @ace10: I have it insured and registered in my name on a temp tag from the DMV. I have the signed title from the original owner. Will let whomever buys it decide if they want me to title in my name and then sign over or if they they'd prefer to be listed as the 2nd owner, instead of me. I'm pretty sure I can obtain a SC title same day when I pay a $30 expedite fee.

Happy to send copies of title, registration, insurance to interested parties via PM. Any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers,
Chip

Quick update: I titled the LX in my name this morning. Based on PMs, seemed like this was more important than someone being listed as the 2nd owner. In any case, clean title in hand and ready to sign over to next owner. If there are any other questions, please let me know & have a great day.

Looks pretty nice. I read "Charleston, SC" and "original owner in Florida" and got kinda excited to see a nice, zero rust LX... The pics tell a bit different story, of course, so I was confused until I looked at the carfax: it spent almost all its life in Connecticut. Pretty clean underneath still compared to most other Toyotas/Lexuses I've seen from CT, but it def needs a clean up under there.

Any wiggle room on price?

Thanks for the compliment @theferg. Quite frankly, I had the same reaction when I saw the ad from when I bought it. Then I pulled the report and thought, "s***... Northeast Cruiser." I asked the owner for some additional undercarriage pics and, after a conversation, felt comfortable enough to fly down to FL. (For what it's worth: PO said it was garage kept in CT and used it to commute to his winter home in FL, until he moved there full time 5 yrs ago.)

Since I trust no one when it comes to cars, I promptly raised the AHC once I got to FL, poked around and bought it. The fact that there were no accidents, a new timing belt/water pump and a slew of maintenance records from a single owner pulled more weight for me than what I deemed to be standard surface corrosion on a 15 yr old ute. Wish they could all be from the salt-free states, but this one is VERY clean. I'm no expert, but I've had seven over the years since '93 and was proud to drive it home. I dropped the front skid plate when I changed the serpentine tensioner: All bolts came loose without an issue (not seized/corroded). Same for an AHC bracket, which I removed to replace a sensor. The stock Toyota muffler was in fact in bad shape, so a stainless steel one was installed instead.

Regarding the price. I have it listed for more on Facebook to build in $500 of negotiation room. I tried to come in as low as possible here on mud and post all the pics available, to not waste anyone's time. I really think I'm at a fair price based on the condition of the car and believe that the first qualified buyer who sees this in person will buy it. If someone takes the time to actually come see the car, points out some glaring deficiency that I've missed and is reasonable regarding the fact that this is a 15 year old car, then yes, there's a little wiggle room. Not insertion room, but wiggle room.

Have a great day everyone & if any other questions, please keep them coming,
Chip

PS- To the guy with the 404 area code who texted me a one liner, at night, offering $11,000... 🖕

Last edited:
Hello Everyone,

After unsuccessfully making the case that my fiancé should sell her Cayenne and drive a 100 series, I've decided to post this thread.

I recently purchased this LX470 in Florida from the original owner, who bought it after his initial lease had expired. He conveyed a USB with extensive/impeccable service records (brakes, et all) spanning the life of the vehicle. A link to clean Carfax & AutoCheck reports is below.

The timing belt, water pump, serpentine belt & tensioner were replaced under 1000 miles ago. I installed a new stainless steel muffler and hood struts. Recent alignment and oil just changed. She drives and stops as she should. The differential lock engages smoothly, the AHC works flawlessly, and the engine sounds great.

There are two new 275/60R18 Michelin LTX M/S tires and three (incl. spare) with over 60% tread remaining.

The interior is immaculate. The exceptions are a 1" tear in the driver's door panel (only visible when the door is open) and wear on the left side of the steering wheel. Based on the undercarriage, I don't believe she has ever seen a dirt road. Please note the current rear de-badge: The original owner caulked the 3rd brake light instead of replacing the entire assembly to fix the seal. I had the upper section of the rear hatch repainted to remedy damaged paint and installed a new Toyota brake light assembly.

A photographer friend did me a favor with the listing pics. Here's the entire collection in high-resolution:

If you prefer cell quality/indoor pics, please see the below links. The below were taken after I had the LX detailed:
Additional Exterior (cell quality / florescent lighting)
Additional Interior (cell quality)
Additional Undercarriage (cell quality)

Carfax / AutoCheck

Frankly, I'm disappointed that we're selling this, while the Cayenne depreciates into nothingness. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves. Not perfect, but a very clean, honest, 100 series, which I believe is reasonably priced. Happy to provide other pics or specific information upon request.

$16,400

Thanks for looking!
Chip 786-412-0341

View attachment 2470402

View attachment 2470410
View attachment 2470411
View attachment 2470413

View attachment 2476018

I recently purchased a 200 series so I am no longer on the market, however, I decided that I had to go check this 100 series out since it’s local and I’ve always loved these.

My initial thoughts after poking around a bit are that this thing is clean. When sitting in this LX I could tell that it has been meticulously maintained and cared for. The leather and interior are in excellent condition for its age. Additionally, the black exterior is nearly flawless.

Literally the only flaw that one might argue is that there is a small amount of surface rust on the undercarriage. However, I would not say that the amount of surface rust is abnormal for a truck of its age. This is not the amount of corrosion that you would normally see from a NE cruiser.

In my opinion this is a very fair and honest listing for a great 100 series LX. The photos are not misleading in any way and paint an accurate depiction of the vehicle. Good service history, water pump & timing belt already done, and one owner is all a big positive for me. For anyone on the hunt for a well maintained LC or LX, this one is definitely worth a look.

I recently purchased a 200 series so I am no longer on the market, however, I decided that I had to go check this 100 series out since it’s local and I’ve always loved these.

My initial thoughts after poking around a bit are that this thing is clean. When sitting in this LX I could tell that it has been meticulously maintained and cared for. The leather and interior are in excellent condition for its age. Additionally, the black exterior is nearly flawless.

Literally the only flaw that one might argue is that there is a small amount of surface rust on the undercarriage. However, I would not say that the amount of surface rust is abnormal for a truck of its age. This is not the amount of corrosion that you would normally see from a NE cruiser.

In my opinion this is a very fair and honest listing for a great 100 series LX. The photos are not misleading in any way and paint an accurate depiction of the vehicle. Good service history, water pump & timing belt already done, and one owner is all a big positive for me. For anyone on the hunt for a well maintained LC or LX, this one is definitely worth a look.

@eemoore4 Nice seeing you guys yesterday. Loved your 200 and congrats on that purchase! Thanks for the positive review here and let's keep in touch. It's never fun selling a car, but if I meet some cool people in the process, it turns it into a positive.

Figured I should give this a quick bump. Lot's of action on Facebook, not as much here, unfortunately.

Have a great Wednesday everyone. -Chip

***SALE PENDING*** Deposit received. Buyer has never driven a 100 Series and is coming this weekend to do so before taking her away. Will mark sold at at that point. Buyer found our ad on Facebook, but I believe he's a member here as well. Will let him post up, if he so desires. Thanks for all the interest and support everyone!

Hello @cruizin18- Sorry, but as a courtesy to the buyer (mud member), I'll let him decide if he'd like to post that info. I'd like to believe it was a fair deal for everyone @ close to the asking price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom