Crackling after off road (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just finished the white Rim trail in the Canyonlands. Great trail and the cruiser handled it perfectly. Except for the first day... After getting to the first campsite I heard a strange crackling noise coming from the brake reservoir area. We were only on the trail for ~2 hours that first day and highway for ~1 hour before that. I wasn't using the brakes much so it would surprise me if it was brake related. Didn't hear the noise after the next two days, which were much longer. It went away after ~1 of letting it cool.

Any ideas? Tried search but nothing came up.

Unfortunately I’m only good or not so good at guessing at diagnosis’s. I’m sure the smart people will chime in.

Is the part that it was coming to related to the fuel system? I couldn't find it on any parts diagrams.

Agree with @sammybones, and yes...very much related. I mean you already know this, but nothing brake related produces gas fumes.

You may need to look in the Evap portion of the FSM, I don't remember if it's in the same place as fuel systems. It's a real tricky bastard of a problem, but you can find a ton of stuff here by looking for 'charcoal canister' or '100 caught fire'.

Agree with @sammybones, and yes...very much related. I mean you already know this, but nothing brake related produces gas fumes.

You may need to look in the Evap portion of the FSM, I don't remember if it's in the same place as fuel systems. It's a real tricky bastard of a problem, but you can find a ton of stuff here by looking for 'charcoal canister' or '100 caught fire'.
Evap looks like the right direction. Looks like it was coming from the charcoal canister. Thanks for the recommendation. Digging into those articles now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom