Looking for 1HD-T Injector Part Number (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello from Germany. In a nod to the German insistence for green air (and better fuel economy) I'm wanting to refresh my injectors at the 320,000km or so point. I've reviewed the previous IH8Mud posts on locating injector serial numbers, and the correlation to diesel fuel pump serial number and the engine serial number. I've got a 1991 80 series, and I have photos of the data plates in the engine bay. My question: below model info (HDJ80L-GNMNXW) there is a string of numbers: (3H4 FD10 K304 H151F). Do these numbers indicate anything about engine serial number, and therefore injector serial number? Danke Schone from Stuttgart!

HDJ80L GNMNXW Data Plate 2.jpg

VIN Data Plate.jpg

23600-17030 from 1990 to 1997 in Europe and till 2006 in the General market

Europe01/1990-12/1997

General01/1990-11/2006

The part number would be on the injector. There maybe a Toyota and/or a Denso number. In Germany, the injection shop would know instantly what parts you need. The shop adjusts the injector to European specs. They would know which injection pump it came from.

Hello from Germany. In a nod to the German insistence for green air (and better fuel economy) I'm wanting to refresh my injectors at the 320,000km or so point. I've reviewed the previous IH8Mud posts on locating injector serial numbers, and the correlation to diesel fuel pump serial number and the engine serial number. I've got a 1991 80 series, and I have photos of the data plates in the engine bay. My question: below model info (HDJ80L-GNMNXW) there is a string of numbers: (3H4 FD10 K304 H151F). Do these numbers indicate anything about engine serial number, and therefore injector serial number? Danke Schone from Stuttgart!

Hi Tim

Your HDJ80 is original from Belgium . Why ? Because of the 2nd data plate , written in French and Dutch , mandatory to Belgian cars with towing gear . My 1994 HZJ80 sold new in Belgium , also has both these two plates .
Tha last line has nothing to do with engine or injector numbers .
The 1st group 3H4 is the colour code
The 2nd group FD10 is the interior trim . F = Fabric , type D10 .
The 3rd group is the differential identification . K = 9,5" crown wheel diameter ; 30 = final diff ratio , your is 3,727 ; 4 is the number of satellites , your diff has 4 satellites , probably with electric diff lock front and rear .
The 4th group H151F is your gearbox/tranfer type . H151F is permanent 4wd , with center diff lock .

View attachment 2466691

View attachment 2466692

I would have thought so too; but they can't seem to find the part number. The shop I am currently looking at is:
Diesel-Technik-Biberach GmbH
BOSCH Diesel Service
DELPHI Diesel Service
Waldseer Str. 142
D- 88400 Biberach
GERMANY

I'm going to send the above part number back to them; but I am ready to look for a full time Toyota mechanic here; based on your note above I may not have a shop that is well versed in Toyota.

I had a look at their site, they certainly look like the sort of diesel injection shop I would be happy to go to.
but I am ready to look for a full time Toyota mechanic

Thanks very much! So, does the fuel pump serial number matter that much?

It wont hurt, its the big letters/numbers they want

A simple search brings up a number of options for your truck.

injectors.PNG

Since you have a 1991, it looks like you'll need Toyota #23600-17010.

That part is actually Denso Part # 093500-4350

It turns out, another MUD member went through this process somewhat recently and had to buy the same injectors (I did too). You can reference that thread here.

if you were to order injectors from your main dealer in germany they would search using your vin number. or your number plate as they do in the uk?

if i use your vin i get 2360017010. shows your 80 as a 1990 GX.

Tim , are you after new set of injectors, or do you want yours rebuilt?
New will be up around $1200USD minimum or about $490 USD if you had them rebuilt in Australia for example. I'm not sure of the freight costs.

Ideally, Diesel Center Bieberach can re-build them. I use this truck fairly often, and I don't think I have time to send injectors off to Australia, re-build, and return. Are you aware of any issues or negatives on a re-build vs buying new?
Thanks for all of your insights!

if you were to order injectors from your main dealer in germany they would search using your vin number. or your number plate as they do in the uk?

if i use your vin i get 2360017010. shows your 80 as a 1990 GX.
Germany uses the VIN, but German Registration assign a separate code to each manufacturer, and then a code for each type. Toyota= 7104, and the LC is 232. That being said, I have not had great luck finding Toyota parts in German auto parts stores. I'll either google a part # and order it from eBay, US Toyota dealers, or the ever helpful and reliable Australian auto parts market.

Are you aware of any issues or negatives on a re-build vs buying new?
Thanks for all of your insights!

Having them rebuilt is about 2/5ths the cost of buying new. The injector body never wears out and can be rebuilt an infinite number of times. Ideally the injectors should be flow matched and adjusted with your pump attached.

Ok! Good to know. DCB quoted me 20 euros per injector for the re-build, and taking about two days. They are about 1.5 hours from me, so looks good. I’ll keep posting on this.

C
Usually the blacked out taillights and bumper with lights in it are a tell tale sign of the European market.

Cheap but not too cheap. Ask if they will do the 2 stage injection. These injectors spray fuel twice on each combustion stroke, but they will run ok as single stage.

A simple search brings up a number of options for your truck.

View attachment 2469721

Since you have a 1991, it looks like you'll need Toyota #23600-17010.

That part is actually Denso Part # 093500-4350

It turns out, another MUD member went through this process somewhat recently and had to buy the same injectors (I did too). You can reference that thread here.
any issues running a late model injector on a early 1HD-T???

No issues whatsoever
I was just curious because some say the pump needs to match the injector... I wonder if crack pressure specifications are slightly different.

I was just curious because some say the pump needs to match the injector... I wonder if crack pressure specifications are slightly different.
Technically, yes, but I noticed no difference in my truck. Not sure i'd go out of the way and pay to redo the pump just for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom