05 Sequoia FJ80 axles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 05 Sequoia I am going to build into an off-road. My FJ40’s are not great for winter wheeling. Was debating on putting 05 F350 axles Dana 60 and a sterling rear or trying to keep Toyota and 80 axles. found an 95 FJ80 winter Tahoe vehicle sold there house will sell me the 80 for 1500 with Lockers etc. Will they work on a sequoia

I believe the wms on the sequioa is around 66 - 67 and the 80 is 63.3 or so. You would need to widen the 80 axles or try to run spacers but spacers might not work.
I had a custom housing made using 80 series FF ends and a 9.5 elicker diff to put under my 01 Tundra.

I think a custom housing is the best way to go if you want use 80 components.

I believe the wms on the sequioa is around 66 - 67 and the 80 is 63.3 or so. You would need to widen the 80 axles or try to run spacers but spacers might not work.
I had a custom housing made using 80 series FF ends and a 9.5 elicker diff to put under my 01 Tundra.

I think a custom housing is the best way to go if you want use 80 components.
Thanks! I have seen an 05 Ford Dana 60 and sterling rear on one. Would like to keep it yota I woukd be able to keep the 80 lockers Still run 37’s.

I thought the sequoia transfer case was left side drop and the 80 series front axle is for right side drop. Also the 80 series rear transfer case output and rear axle diff is offset to the right.

I have a 05 Sequoia I am going to build into an off-road. My FJ40’s are not great for winter wheeling. Was debating on putting 05 F350 axles Dana 60 and a sterling rear or trying to keep Toyota and 80 axles. found an 95 FJ80 winter Tahoe vehicle sold there house will sell me the 80 for 1500 with Lockers etc. Will they work on a sequoia
I'm sorry, but I HAVE to say this. Good God man open your eyes!! The locked 80 is already exactly what you want & an unbelievable deal to boot (if it is in decent shape it is easily worth 10 times asking price). Beyond that PLEASE don't hack up an 80 ( they are a finite & dwindling resource). Also, I believe Dana's would fit better b/c Sequoia strikes me as wider than an LC.
Sorry to intrude. I LOVE those 80 series LCs & can get fanatical. Have a lovely night; you live in a beautiful part of the Country.

^^^^^x1000 this

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom