TLCA 2020 Fall Crawl Information page (Official) (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

An event update email was sent to all registrants last night. If you didn't see it, please check your Spam/Junk email folder. There is important information in there, including a PRE-EVENT DRIVER SURVEY <--this is a link. Please use this link if you can't find the email.

This survey will help us plan for trail leaders based on how many people sign up for group trail rides at each difficulty level.

We love having new drivers and we were all "new" once. If you are new to off-road driving, be sure to say so, we can accommodate all experience levels and we are happy to share knowledge we have learned over our years of wheeling.

PSA: Trail leaders are volunteers who are there to do just that, lead the group. They are not guides, trainers, exclusive spotters, hand holders or Sherpas. Off-roading is a Team Sport, and each member of the group is encouraged to contribute, within their capabilities and comfort levels, of course. Everyone is expected to assess their own personal level of risk acceptance, understanding that off-road driving, by its very nature, incurs an inherent level of risk of body/mechanical damage. Simply put, if you sign up for a BLUE level trail ride in a stock 200 Series or a freshly restored stock FJ40 with no body armor, you can expect to get some dents or dings (or worse). If you are going to join a group ride, please be honest with yourself and sign up for the ride that is within your skill level, your rig's capabilities, and the amount of damage you are willing to accept.

Trial Leaders are the last word, full stop. They have the right to send people to another group or back to camp, if they feel someone is in over their head or is driving or conducting themselves in an unsafe manner.

Our Trail Leaders will do their best, but since the Cove is relatively new to our club as well, many Trail Leaders are not 100% familiar with the trail system and there may be some back tracking and "exploration" involved in your trail ride.

The preceding is not meant to scare anyone or in anyway discourage folks from testing their comfort levels, it is merely a gentle reminder we are all out here to have a FUN and SAFE time.

Cheers,

The CLCC Crew
I did not get any email or in my spam. Am I officially registered?

If you received a confirmation of payment from PayPal, you are registered... Sometimes the emails from Sendgrid are filtered by a recipient's email host. I need a first and last name to double check. you can PM it to me of email it to clccfallcrawl@outlook.com

An event update email was sent to all registrants last night. If you didn't see it, please check your Spam/Junk email folder. There is important information in there, including a PRE-EVENT DRIVER SURVEY <--this is a link. Please use this link if you can't find the email.
Survey filled out and submitted... really looking forward to some fun and relaxing times

I found you through my superior internet sleuthing skills. You have an Etsy shop and the only David from Rockville who registered... :hillbilly:
You are GTG

Last edited:

This survey will help us plan for trail leaders based on how many people sign up for group trail rides at each difficulty level.

We love having new drivers and we were all "new" once. If you are new to off-road driving, be sure to say so, we can accommodate all experience levels and we are happy to share knowledge we have learned over our years of wheeling.

PSA: Trail leaders are volunteers who are there to do just that, lead the group. They are not guides, trainers, exclusive spotters, hand holders or Sherpas. Off-roading is a Team Sport, and each member of the group is encouraged to contribute, within their capabilities and comfort levels, of course. Everyone is expected to assess their own personal level of risk acceptance, understanding that off-road driving, by its very nature, incurs an inherent level of risk of body/mechanical damage. Simply put, if you sign up for a BLUE level trail ride in a stock 200 Series or a freshly restored stock FJ40 with no body armor, you can expect to get some dents or dings (or worse). If you are going to join a group ride, please be honest with yourself and sign up for the ride that is within your skill level, your rig's capabilities, and the amount of damage you are willing to accept.

Trial Leaders are the last word, full stop. They have the right to send people to another group or back to camp, if they feel someone is in over their head or is driving or conducting themselves in an unsafe manner.

Our Trail Leaders will do their best, but since the Cove is relatively new to our club as well, many Trail Leaders are not 100% familiar with the trail system and there may be some back tracking and "exploration" involved in your trail ride.

The preceding is not meant to scare anyone or in anyway discourage folks from testing their comfort levels, it is merely a gentle reminder we are all out here to have a FUN and SAFE time.

Cheers,

The CLCC Crew

@Stumpalama
Completed survey, did not complete one for my brother, you can mark him down the same as my self, would only let me complete one. See you all Wednesday night, we plan on being there some time around 5pm or so. thanks

@Stumpalama
Completed survey, did not complete one for my brother, you can mark him down the same as my self, would only let me complete one. See you all Wednesday night, we plan on being there some time around 5pm or so. thanks
The survey was for registrants only. Is your brother a register driver as well?

From reading the description it looks to be FRS/GMRS channels which will work
I had talked to Ed the comms guy at the swap meet and showed him my Midland Micro GRMS unit and the freqs it worked with and he didntt think there would be any issues... just that the channel numbers would be different... so if they use channel 2 it might be my channel 15 type of issue

I had talked to Ed the comms guy at the swap meet and showed him my Midland Micro GRMS unit and the freqs it worked with and he didntt think there would be any issues... just that the channel numbers would be different... so if they use channel 2 it might be my channel 15 type of issue

same for me. I have the same/similar midland radios. they worked at the last valentines Union springs run. I don't know if you guys are using the same setups now though. I put on my survey that i didnt have coms because i want sure but ill bring what i got.

same for me. I have the same/similar midland radios. they worked at the last valentines Union springs run. I don't know if you guys are using the same setups now though. I put on my survey that i didnt have coms because i want sure but ill bring what i got.
This is the unit I am running.... I have used it on a few trail rides with others that just had FRS handheld radios and it worked like a charm. Clean and clear... we were in a small group but it was working fine.
Got mine at Bass Pro. Easy to setup since it comes with a 12v plugin for the dash but I plan on mounting it later on and running a better antenna and mount then the magnetic one it comes with... it works but not as ... professional as I would like it to appear so I will get a mount and s 3DB gain ghost one that they sell.
Screenshot 2020-10-15 at 10.53.10 AM - Edited.png

If the radio worked when we wheeled flagpole, you're good to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom