Time for new Shoes! Best tire option for 35's right now? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

NYIronPig

YES I have a problem...
SILVER Star
Threads
Running Coppers that the PO installed. Have BFG T/A on my 40 & 60, anything else I should be looking at?

I love my Toyo Open Country MT’s... they have taken a serious beating on my 40 the last couple of years. I went through 2 sets of the Duratracs on my 100 and loved them as well

I am running Toyo Open Country ATIIs. Toyo recently released the AT3, jury is out. Love my ATIIs, very nice low wear so far, feel great and do what I need them to do. If you need an M/T, heard great things about the Toyos as well as the Goodyear MT/R.

I'm happy with my Maxxis Razr on the daily driver, they balance well and are fairly quiet. Only 40,000 km in but so far so good. Got Yokohama G003 MT on the 40 but haven't driven enough on them to comment too much

BFG KM3, or Copper STT Pros

Running Coppers that the PO installed. Have BFG T/A on my 40 & 60, anything else I should be looking at?
Depends on intended use.
For a daily driver in the northeast, I like Duratracs. Good in all weather conditions, including the mashed potato snow/slush we get around here. Well behaved on dry blacktop. OK for mild trail use.
They get noisy as they wear down, but tires are a consumable item.

Generally speaking, you won't go wrong with any of the tires above unless you drive off road where rocks, sticks and stumps are present. If so, stay away from the Duratracs as they have thin sidewalls. I am a BFG fan but many of the locals love the Tera Graplers.

See “2020 Tire Thread” from 80’s forum last week (I don’t yet know how to include the link, sorry). It has a pretty good exchange of info and some other tire thread references.

I am running Toyo Open Country ATIIs. Toyo recently released the AT3, jury is out. Love my ATIIs, very nice low wear so far, feel great and do what I need them to do. If you need an M/T, heard great things about the Toyos as well as the Goodyear MT/R.

Very happy with my Toyo as well

Stay away from the Falken MT, at least in my experience on the 80. I'm currently running the Yoko MTs and like them a lot. So far I have run Goodyear, Falken, Yoko and el cheapo Federal MTs on my 80. I've run BFG AT's also. The Falken MT is the only one I would never run again. Very heavy. Weak sidewalls. Terrible chunking.

See “2020 Tire Thread” from 80’s forum last week (I don’t yet know how to include the link, sorry). It has a pretty good exchange of info and some other tire thread references.

I have liked the KO2 in the past, and currently running the new Toyo AT3. Liked the AT2, and these are supposed to be that much better in wet/snow/etc with the new compound, my main “need.” Can’t really go wrong with any name brand so long as the tire is suited to your needs

I have liked the KO2 in the past, and currently running the new Toyo AT3. Liked the AT2, and these are supposed to be that much better in wet/snow/etc with the new compound, my main “need.” Can’t really go wrong with any name brand so long as the tire is suited to your needs
Thanks Spenser. How do you insert a previous thread into a current one? (Yes, I’m a little embarrassed to ask)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom