Cast Aluminum Mini Steps? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Drake2

SILVER Star
Threads
I got a pair of these with a rotted tub cowl I picked up earlier this year. Anyone ever seen these cast aluminum steps before? These are a first for me. Seems like they were made for the 40's as they fit perfectly behind the bottom of the fender where it meets the tub.

1602464661424.JPEG

1602464660896.JPEG

I've seen them b4. Dont know who made them. Aqualu makes aluminum steps.
I have a feeling these are probably at least 20 years old. Maybe from the Man-a-Fre or Downey days.

Yep, we made them, and they were sold with a chrome plated steel strap that slips in behind the step, steel strap was used to toughen the bottom edge of the body when/if sliding over rocks, and to cover original holes when removing the stock step. These were for people who had already destroyed their original steps, but still needed to keep the front fenders tight to the body, and they provided a step surface for washing the windshield- - -easy deal.

Yep, we made them, and they were sold with a chrome plated steel strap that slips in behind the step, steel strap was used to toughen the bottom edge of the body when/if sliding over rocks, and to cover original holes when removing the stock step. These were for people who had already destroyed their original steps, but still needed to keep the front fenders tight to the body, and they provided a step surface for washing the windshield- - -easy deal.
Not surprised Downey made these awesome little buggers. I am surprised that they did not have the "Downey" name cast in them however :hmm:. Just a little extra cool factor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom