200 series off road driver training (1 Viewer)

Are you interested in joining a Bill Burke 200 series specific training event in early December?

• Yes, bring it on!

Votes: 21 42.0%
  • Sounds fun, but I am not sure I can commit

Votes: 26 52.0%
  • No, I want my Mommy

Votes: 3 6.0%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My calendar is wide open, and it sounds more fun than studying for finals!

I’d agree with the comments about the usefullness of offroad instruction. 20 years ago I was a part time Instructor with The Land Rover Experience, a factory training program for new owners back when LR still made off road vehicles. It was amazing the preconceptions new owners had about a vehicles capabilities, from being fearful of driving on a slightly muddy pathway to thinking you could jump a stock Freelander (which, based on the results i saw, destroys the vehicle).

Any word on of he's gonna blog this for YouTube or his personal page? Would love to watch this with my mother if its PG rated.

I would be curious if I could come without a vehicle. May not have it yet but feel I could still learn a lot by observing

That's an interesting question because in the past it's been no big deal for solo people who are driving to add a passenger to their vehicle. There will be a mix of classroom, driving, and recovery, so even as a passenger people are still very engaged. The issue today however would with covid I'm not sure if it's safe/smart to be a passenger in another person's vehicle unless you're able to work it out with the driver you'd be riding with (mask wearing when in vehicle or some other arrangement). If we can do it in a covid safe manner, I don't see any issue with it.

Any word on of he's gonna blog this for YouTube or his personal page? Would love to watch this with my mother if its PG rated.

There may be pictures and short videos perhaps, but what I've found in the colder months when we do this type of training is most people have their hands in their pockets instead of on their phones or cameras! I think if there is enough demand for this training, we could twist Bill's arm to do another session at a later date as well.

Definitely interested. Pricing and more details when available will be the last bit 8 need to commit.

There may be pictures and short videos perhaps, but what I've found in the colder months when we do this type of training is most people have their hands in their pockets instead of on their phones or cameras! I think if there is enough demand for this training, we could twist Bill's arm to do another session at a later date as well.

Sounds like it gonna be awesome. Stay safe

I am interested but would depend on the date of the course.

That's an interesting question because in the past it's been no big deal for solo people who are driving to add a passenger to their vehicle. There will be a mix of classroom, driving, and recovery, so even as a passenger people are still very engaged. The issue today however would with covid I'm not sure if it's safe/smart to be a passenger in another person's vehicle unless you're able to work it out with the driver you'd be riding with (mask wearing when in vehicle or some other arrangement). If we can do it in a covid safe manner, I don't see any issue with it.

He does offer a rental for $150/day

Did training years ago with Bill. Both in socal and again in moab. All in!

Could someone clarify what “classroom” means? Given the COVID science around being indoors with folks, that could be a nonstarter. Thanks.

In re Covid fears... I'm fine with anyone riding along in my truck. I'm fine with in person classroom training. I imagine we can get enough people together that are willing to accept the risk and move on. If your vulnerable don't participate. If you're among the many where this is 99.96% not a threat let's move on with our lives.

In re Covid fears... I'm fine with anyone riding along in my truck. I'm fine with in person classroom training. I imagine we can get enough people together that are willing to accept the risk and move on. If your vulnerable don't participate. If you're among the many where this is 99.96% not a threat let's move on with our lives.

Please don’t spread misleading information for which the origin is Facebook. Here’s science behind It, and a clear explanation of why that number, and fundamentally, that line of thinking, is flawed.

My previous question is about having empathy for fellow humans and Cruiserheads, and their families, and while there are plenty of 🚨tough guys🚨 (see previous poster), no one will be harmed if simple precautions are taken and we show fellow humans empathy.

cheers y’all.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom