On today's episode of how F'd up is F'd up... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
instagram.com
20201007_161118.jpg
L

They are studs, so you should be able to pull the tire and get that one pulled off, and replace it.

not a dire emergency, yes it needs to be fixed but it doesn't need to be done right away. 5 lugs will be fine for a long time.

not a dire emergency, yes it needs to be fixed but it doesn't need to be done right away. 5 lugs will be fine for a long time.

The Heeps manage it.....

I was wondering if I should also remove the nut directly across from the broken one... So that it will be balanced? Or should I keep 5?

This look like a wheel studs not a locking hub stud , need to pull the disc to get it out from behind, not a 15 minutes job

You are assuming it’s a disc. My hunch is it’s not. Replacing a stud on a drum brake is really easy. :)

I was wondering if I should also remove the nut directly across from the broken one... So that it will be balanced? Or should I keep 5?

no need, it won't be unbalanced, just drive it until you have time to repair it in a few days, weeks, months.
and if you want peace of mind, change the other 5 when doing it.

no need, it won't be unbalanced, just drive it until you have time to repair it in a few days, weeks, months.
and if you want peace of mind, change the other 5 when doing it.
Well... I broke another lug off. With just a few ft lbs of torque. Just tightening the nut. Now I can't trust any of those studs!

Well... I broke another lug off. With just a few ft lbs of torque. Just tightening the nut. Now I can't trust any of those studs!

What are your torque specs on those?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom