No CEL in key position 2 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys... tried pouring over similar threads and cant seem to find a fix. I swapped in a running motor from a 96 LX450 into a 1994 LC that sat awhile. I can get it to run with starter fluid, but no CEL... could the ECU be bad?

I don't have a title yet... but the door manufacture date is 10/94 and it has an OBD 2 port. The harnesses engine are Identical from the donor. Are there different types of OBD 2?

Yes to OBD2 and OBD1. If you swapped ECU and harness, then I would recommend igniter, fuel pump, fuel pump relay. Make sure timing is correct.

Then it was probably a '95. Post a picture of the door tag and/or port.

Then it was probably a '95. Post a picture of the door tag and/or port.
Here you go :)

20201007_151719.jpg

Forget the tittle and sell the axles. JK

K294=Tripple locked
A343F- 95-97 tranny
Build date 10/95 either could be a 1995 or 1996. Most likely a 1996

Fuel pump relay good? Fusible links good?

Forget the tittle and sell the axles. JK

K294=Tripple locked
A343F- 95-97 tranny
Build date 10/95 either could be a 1995 or 1996. Most likely a 1996
It's so close to being complete.. I've put an ome 2.5 lift on it. CDL switch. In dash cupholder.... I'm ready to mall crawl :D she deserves to live!!!

A "T" in the 10th position of VIN indicates a 1996 model
It's a real gem alright... I just dont know what would cause the no CEL :( I've swapp3d everything related to it from the donor (with the exception of the ECM) could a dirty trans plug or something similar cut that readyness off?

Do you have the other ECM to swap?

What is the VIN tag from the truck you are trying to make run?

You showed one with 10/95 which is a 96, but you are referencing a 10/94 which is a 95.

If you actually have a 94 I'd be willing to bet it's the VAF/MAF/SMF whatever the hell it is for that year.

The fact that it will start and run on starting fluid points to the MAF thingy and secondly the IAC valve based on other posts here with similar issues.

Do a search for "starting fluid" and you'll find some explaining what they've done.

What is the VIN tag from the truck you are trying to make run?

You showed one with 10/95 which is a 96, but you are referencing a 10/94 which is a 95.

If you actually have a 94 I'd be willing to bet it's the VAF/MAF/SMF whatever the hell it is for that year.

The fact that it will start and run on starting fluid points to the MAF thingy and secondly the IAC valve based on other posts here with similar issues.

Do a search for "starting fluid" and you'll find some explaining what they've done.
I'm sorry... I was mistaken... the door tag in the pic is the recipient . I'll get a pic of the donor door tag donor tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up on the starter fluid posts. I'll read through them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom