Speakers!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I’ve built myself some rear drawers and I’m running out of space on the sides to fit speakers back in. I’ve got just on 5 inches of clearance on the sides.

I need some brain storming. I’m running new pure copper cables anyway so relocation isn’t a problem.

was considering in the rear passenger doors, possibly some 6.5 components?

AEEF7D7B-FFE7-4100-8593-C2D075F5487B.jpeg

I put 6.5" speakers in the back passenger doors, in the general space were the ash trays were. I think you need to consider speaker depth so the magnet doesn't hit the window. I suppose you could use spacers, but the speaker is very close to the window crank. This was in an FJ60. Since you have rear 3-point belts, you could have an FJ62. Not sure about that door card layout.

There's a ton of space above the wheel arches behind the rear seat. I've got 6.5" speakers in there with plenty of room to spare. Pop the panel off and you can see it. Sorry, I don't have any pics.

Why don’t you make a box just like your storage fitted between the box and side panel pointing up.

I chose to go with a 3 way active setup with 8” in the front doors 4” midrange Recessed in the kick panels and Tweeters in the upper door card. A 12” sub in the back rounds out the sub base frequencies. Running active off a double din Kenwood in the dash and 3 Japanese Denon amps Under the seats.

Cheers

A816CC4D-702C-43C8-9A84-A9D92589D1E3.jpeg

86DF8D2D-D892-4B6E-8943-8B3305FF1386.jpeg

There's a ton of space above the wheel arches behind the rear seat. I've got 6.5" speakers in there with plenty of room to spare. Pop the panel off and you can see it. Sorry, I don't have any pics.

bouytech, my new false floor is too high after the drawer build.

Why don’t you make a box just like your storage fitted between the box and side panel pointing up.
I was considering this. Just wondering whether it’s the smartest move as thinks will be placed and banged on it?

I put 6.5" speakers in the back passenger doors, in the general space were the ash trays were. I think you need to consider speaker depth so the magnet doesn't hit the window. I suppose you could use spacers, but the speaker is very close to the window crank. This was in an FJ60. Since you have rear 3-point belts, you could have an FJ62. Not sure about that door card layout.

hows the sound from the rear door configuration, not too much? Too close?

Interesting. I’m running sound deadener through everything and it’s making a noticeable change!

I was able to install 6x9 at the front doors after installing the vent windows...
Used a metal nibbler to make these fit right in...
Nothing in the rear doors or cargo area...
Sound is great ....
Specially when tailgating...

20200626_180609~2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom