Dobinsons 100 Series Suspension options - full breakdown (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

For the torsion bars, I've currently got the OME ones installed but they feel a little light like they aren't much stiffer than the stock ones, Im interested in picking up the TB59-1600 but before I do, can someone tell me the weight values they have as well as the rate? I've looked into it a little bit but i can really find the weight values of the OME bars I have either.

For the torsion bars, I've currently got the OME ones installed but they feel a little light like they aren't much stiffer than the stock ones, Im interested in picking up the TB59-1600 but before I do, can someone tell me the weight values they have as well as the rate? I've looked into it a little bit but i can really find the weight values of the OME bars I have either.
I think they're extremely similar but I don't have the specs handy to make a comparison. I don't think I've ever heard anyone describe the OME's as light though. You might just need to tighten them up a bit to add additional firmness.

I don't think swapping from OME to Dobinsons torsion bars will make a difference enough to warrant the cost of doing that.

I've got my ride height set to where I want it, but whenever I accelerate the front end comes up higher than I like, then it will come down with cruising speeds and squat low when breaking. The rear is high because Im under weight at the moment, If i tighten the torsion bars up more, wont it just raise the front end more and create torque steer? (which I kind of already deal with)
IMG_8139.jpg

The rear is high because Im under weight at the moment, and If i tighten the torsion bars up more, wont it just raise the front end more and create torque steer? (which I kind of already deal with)

Your torque steer is alignment angles from stock UCA and being lifted. The Dobinson UCA will fix the torque steer from low caster angles.
I've got my ride height set to where I want it, but whenever I accelerate the front end comes up higher than I like, then it will come down with cruising speeds and squat low when breaking. The rear is high because Im under weight at the moment, If i tighten the torsion bars up more, wont it just raise the front end more and create torque steer? (which I kind of already deal with)View attachment 2451494
The rear is high because Im under weight at the moment, and If i tighten the torsion bars up more, wont it just raise the front end more and create torque steer? (which I kind of already deal with)
ngles from

Your torque steer is alignment angles from stock UCA and being lifted. The Dobinson UCA will fix the torque steer from low caster angles.

ngles from
ive got the Nitro UCA installed

@crikeymike What're thoughts between the OME vs Ironman torsion bars? We're waiting on the Dobinsons setup, but are shopping for TB's. Thanks!
I know the OME and Dobinsons are virtually the same as each other, but I don't have any experience with the Ironman to know if they're also the same or any different. I haven't had a chance to see them in person.

The Dobinsons torsion bars are due the 2nd/3rd week of November, finally, after being out of them forever.

I know the OME and Dobinsons are virtually the same as each other, but I don't have any experience with the Ironman to know if they're also the same or any different. I haven't had a chance to see them in person.

The Dobinsons torsion bars are due the 2nd/3rd week of November, finally, after being out of them forever.
Thanks! Also looking for UCA's but the world is out of Dobinson's UCA's. Scared of the SPC ones that people are talking about but man, the Nitro ones are 💸💸🤑

I’ve been interested in a Dobinson kit to replace the AHC on my 2004 LX. Not sure what to make of the last sentence in the description “Will not work for airbag equipped vehicles.” Is there a kit that I’m missing? Just want standard or slight lift. Thanks for all the good info.

I’ve been interested in a Dobinson kit to replace the AHC on my 2004 LX. Not sure what to make of the last sentence in the description “Will not work for airbag equipped vehicles.” Is there a kit that I’m missing? Just want standard or slight lift. Thanks for all the good info.
Can you link the page you saw that on?

As long as you buy the full kit and replace it all, it's suitable for AHC, but you can't replace just the shocks as an example.

Dobinsons 100 Series lift kit for Toyota Land Cruiser IFS V8 Gas 1998-2007

Dobinsons full 100 series lift kit – Dobinsons offer this complete suspension kit for the 1998-2007 Toyota Land Cruiser 100 Series and LX470 with 4.7L V8 Gas Engine, for trucks with or without an aftermarket bumper and winch on the front (220LBS), and heavy accessory load in the rear of 200LBS+ (drawers, fridge, rear bumper, etc). A suitable full replacement for the AHC hydraulic system when installed all together. Will not work for airbag equipped vehicles.

Dobinsons 100 Series lift kit for Toyota Land Cruiser IFS V8 Gas 1998-2007

Dobinsons full 100 series lift kit – Dobinsons offer this complete suspension kit for the 1998-2007 Toyota Land Cruiser 100 Series and LX470 with 4.7L V8 Gas Engine, for trucks with or without an aftermarket bumper and winch on the front (220LBS), and heavy accessory load in the rear of 200LBS+ (drawers, fridge, rear bumper, etc). A suitable full replacement for the AHC hydraulic system when installed all together. Will not work for airbag equipped vehicles.
I don't know why I had that on there, as it contradicts the line right before it. I've just corrected it.

Heads up, the IMS59-60786 longer travel IMS shocks are due in about 3 weeks!!

Heads up, the IMS59-60786 longer travel IMS shocks are due in about 3 weeks!!

Thanks for the update.

782s still in the box waiting to be installed. I might decide to hold off on installing them and get some 60786. Then I could just sell the new 782s.

Has anyone out there tried the C97-145VT rear springs on our 100 series? I'm wondering how much lift we would get and how they would feel paired with the higher rate torsion bar from Dobinsons.

You're trying to put 80 series springs on a 100 series? I've got the C59-185 springs in the rear and OME in the front, if you read above, the OME torsions basically have the same spring rate as the Dobinsons(which are a medium spring). From my experience the torsion bars don't like sitting higher than where I have them set(see my photo above in earlier post) giving it that stink bug when I'm not weighted down. And you want to do 3 inches in the rear?

Yes, From what I understand, all of the spring available from dobinsons for the 100 series are 80 series springs. If you look up your part number, you have 3'' 80 rears. The flexi spring I mentioned above is a little softer than yours initially which I believe would lower the ride height in the rear compared to yours and also be a little softer.

They would also be better suited for the longer travel mrr shocks because they are longer springs. Do 100 series even need a spring like this (Business in the front, party in the rear)? I just wonder with the weight of the 100 preloading the springs compared to the 80, will the drive be less comfortable? Would up travel be limited because the spring is so long?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom