80 Series 8020 Cruiser Kitchen (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Great build!
What is your water source for the sink?
Thanks! Currently two narrow plastic Jerry cans down the side. But I'm hoping to have a triangular shaped custom (narrow) tank built for between the rear seats and the box. I've measured and calculated the volume would be around 50L, assuming I use the full width between wheel wells and about 20 inches high.

That will be a nice setup. Having plenty of water on extended trips is important, especially in dryer climates. My family can blow through 10 gallons in 3 days between dishes, washing hands, coffee, etc...
That sink will go a long ways to minimize wasted water👍

Try to think if you can fit a tank under the car .
Will help in many ways , lower center of gravity,tank out of the way for life time , more space in the car for other things .
Normally people divert the exhaust tubes , and use that space for water or fuel tanks .
Just my 2 cents

Try to think if you can fit a tank under the car .
Will help in many ways , lower center of gravity,tank out of the way for life time , more space in the car for other things .
Normally people divert the exhaust tubes , and use that space for water or fuel tanks .
Just my 2 cents

Factory sub tank has that space already :) But yes, otherwise a good idea!

Finally put on some nice metal handles! Found at the hardware store for $3 each. They are very solid and work perfectly, sticking out exactly the same distance as the yellow unlock tabs of the slides.

PXL_20201001_222708624.jpg

PXL_20201001_231130143.jpg

I added a 1/8 aluminum cross-brace along the back which completely removed any lateral movement (it was shifting about 4mm, causing a "ticking" noise).

PXL_20201001_212650448.jpg

And I customized and added a stainless steel paper towel holder from Cad tire. When the roll is taken off, it slides perfectly in with the drawer alongside the slide.

PXL_20201002_225700684.jpg

PXL_20201002_170940652.jpg

So well done. I’m getting a bit tired of unloading and setting up kitchen every day.
Thanks for the great detail shots. I really like the sink/stove combo. What are the dimensions
of that?

This is awesome. hope to one day recreate the same. The sink is so cool.

Thanks guys. Only pullout kitchen in a suv with running water that I've seen yet. I took a risk making it... Was worried things just wouldn't work out after spending$$ and time... But it did. 😎😎

question to Asutherland ref solar panel.
how long have to had it working on the to tent roof ?
how does it perform is shading ?

thanks Renato

question to Asutherland ref solar panel.
how long have to had it working on the to tent roof ?
how does it perform is shading ?

thanks Renato

Hey Renago, I've had it working on top of the tent for a year now.

Performs about as well as any other solar with shading.. not great. Prefers direct sunlight.

This is such a cool set up. I have no desire to camp for extended times, but if I did this would be a mandatory part of my camping equipment. Great job!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom