Bow Tie Pig Restoration (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1978! Any insight on what years had what features? Mine already has had a motor swap so no 2F.

'78 is a sweet year!
You got the rare tail lights that only '78 and '79 had (be careful w/ them!).
Front disc brakes w/ long-body ASCO.
I think at that point you got genuine Nippondenso AC, not a dealer add-on.
"79s got a little different...

The dash looks pretty nice as far as the gauge cluster, control panel, and glove-box door. The back seat looks really nice too. Wondering what those pull controls on the lower left on the driver side were - is that an after market hood release?
And WTF kind of AC compressor is that? Never seen the likes!

It’d probably survive the apocalypse, but that sure is some hellacious bracketry and belting!

D629C414-DA3C-43C1-9A30-35B4D7001CF1.jpeg

The dash looks pretty nice as far as the gauge cluster, control panel, and glove-box door. The back seat looks really nice too. Wondering what those pull controls on the lower left on the driver side were - is that an after market hood release?
And WTF kind of AC compressor is that? Never seen the likes!
No idea. He did have an aftermarket cruiser control setup. Also, winch controls were down by the driver kick panel.

'78 is a sweet year!
You got the rare tail lights that only '78 and '79 had (be careful w/ them!).
Front disc brakes w/ long-body ASCO.
I think at that point you got genuine Nippondenso AC, not a dealer add-on.
"79s got a little different...
Love the insight. Thank you!

Found this while going through the stack of receipts that came with her. Looks like the PO’s story holds up! They yanked the 2F about a year after she rolled off the lot and replaced it with a crate Chevy 350. They were ahead of the times!

BC496949-6ACE-498E-99C8-01D69BBFD288.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom