Oil Pressure Gauge on a 24v system (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The dashboard Oil Pressure Gauge on my 24v BJ40 is not working. Is it more likely to be a problem with the gauge itself or with the sensor in the engine block ?
I have tracked down an OEM gauge abroad, but it is described as 12v. So it won't work ?

Any advice on my way ahead would be much appreciated. Thanks !

You are right - it won't work with 24V at least it would read wrong.
I run a mechanical gauge - alongside the rather low reading and mistrusted factory one. That could be one solution.
You should also be able to feed the gauge you bought with your 12V supply you will have to run the radio.

You are right - it won't work with 24V at least it would read wrong.
I run a mechanical gauge - alongside the rather low reading and mistrusted factory one. That could be one solution.
You should also be able to feed the gauge you bought with your 12V supply you will have to run the radio.
Thank you very much.
I think I'll go the way of a mechanical gauge. I was trying to preserve ' the look', but I'd rather be safe !
Appreciate your advice.

i have had the same issue for a while, my oil pressure gauge just stopped working all of a sudden. The gauge maxes out when grounded so I don't think its the gauge.
From a local auto parts store, I purchased an after market 12v gauge with sending unit running through a converter, no luck. Purchased a new 24V sending unit from one of the popular Land Cruiser shops, no luck.
I ended up putting a mechanical gauge on the block, I know I can't see it during operation, but I will check it periodically during a cold start and after warm up. To make sure pressures are still good.
If you find a solution to get the gauge working again post it up I don't know what to do either.

Have you both checked your voltage regulator somewhere at the back of your Instruments ? These can create all sorst of issues, including gauges suddenly maxing out or reading higher than they should. It is a contact issue which can be cleaned. There is a thread somewhere here. I did that cleaning that long ago that I forgot about it - and the gauges are still working as you would expect. Have a search !

Have you both checked your voltage regulator somewhere at the back of your Instruments ? These can create all sorst of issues, including gauges suddenly maxing out or reading higher than they should. It is a contact issue which can be cleaned. There is a thread somewhere here. I did that cleaning that long ago that I forgot about it - and the gauges are still working as you would expect. Have a search !
Thank you both Spotts56 and relaxed cruiser.
I will investigate and post any helpful findings as they happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom