Rear heater wiring 1975 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Speaking of heat ...or lack thereof. Rear heater questions on late '75 Aug build. Looking thru as many previous posts / search of rear heater wiring should be plug and play. Found single connector under dash behind ash tray but no other - see photo.

Bought '75 rear heater harness from SOR with connectors as shown in photos and finding nothing to plug into. Finally rear heater has two wires snipped that I was going to crimp a new two wire connector to. Questions - is it as simple as a single wire and the heater installed is not correct for this year FJ? Thanks

IMG_20200927_100427.jpg

The years don't match but is this what fits my rig?

hey Buckarro , matt here

I Hand make reproduction rear heater Sub Harness Assy's like shown below , the exact Toyota part number needed , i use ALL oem parts wire supplies and connectors , even gloss loom

please send me a PM to further discuss

note: Harness on left is my JiG, . A used good one ,

the new one is on the right , my personal in house hand made work using all japan parts

thanks

2CC0A5E0-D0A2-4F40-8400-FFD9EDF24742.jpeg
AA261934-FCA6-4CA7-B076-B8DAD22D0F9F.jpeg
FBE7C0FB-7791-4B4B-BAB9-A721F041C4FB.jpeg
E6F21951-7C01-4017-B5EC-94838D897E6C.jpeg

Last edited:
Think you will find if you plug the single loose bullet connector into the harness you have the rear heater will work. Ground goes thru the tub. Two wires is for a two speed fan which you may or may not have. 74+ the rear heater was only a single speed and worked only when the front fan was on high speed.

hey Buckarro , matt here

I Hand make reproduction rear heater Sub Harness Assy's like shown below , the exact Toyota part number needed , i use ALL oem parts wire supplies and connectors , even gloss loom

please send me a PM to further discuss

note: Harness on left is my JiG, . A used good one ,

the new one is on the right , my personal in house hand made work using all japan parts

thanks

Appreciate it Matt. Sounds like I may be able to make my harness work. Will keep your shop in mind for future replacement / upgrades....or if I can't get the rear fan to spin

View attachment 2448696View attachment 2448697View attachment 2448698View attachment 2448700

Think you will find if you plug the single loose bullet connector into the harness you have the rear heater will work. Ground goes thru the tub. Two wires is for a two speed fan which you may or may not have. 74+ the rear heater was only a single speed and worked only when the front fan was on high speed.

Thanks much - will give that a go. Yesterday I confirmed power to that plug when two speed fan switch was on high speed so now run the harness and power the fan - see if it runs. Appreciate the response / guidance!

I swapped a 74 rear heater into my 76 FJ40 several years ago and didn't like that it only turned on when the front was on high. I ended up wiring it to it's own toggle switch so it can work independently. It's nice if the kids get cold in the back or when the hardtop gets fogged up.

I swapped a 74 rear heater into my 76 FJ40 several years ago and didn't like that it only turned on when the front was on high. I ended up wiring it to it's own toggle switch so it can work independently. It's nice if the kids get cold in the back or when the hardtop gets fogged up.
I'm going to disassemble the rear heating unit to assure it's in working condition and determine the two wire set up. Assume it's two speed? Will find out.

Upon disassemble found a non-OEM fan motor. Red Dot Corp. RD-3133-4 see pics. Anyone know of negative issues I may have if I wire this up? Assume I can proceed until I find a correct rear fan motor.

PXL_20201006_202057594.jpg

PXL_20201006_202007583.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom