Is this worth it 2016 onyx blue 62k miles? Advice pls (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Planning to purchase this 2016 onyx blue with black interior 62k miles for 54k. It will be a long distance purchase but it seems toyota dealer is honest and straight forward. 2 years from CT and 2 yrs north Fla. just asking for more underchassis pics.
Is it worth the purchase?

Last edited:
The price seems to be in the right range. As a general car buying principal I would want to see the carfax, determine if it was properly maintained and also see what the story is (if possible) for the trip down the east coast. Seems logical that someone may have wanted an LC in CT , but was willing to part with it in FL. Sometimes it's as simple as one owner moved, but other times it to try and get away from local knowledge on a storied vehicle (accidents, etc).

it seems toyota dealer is honest and straight forward

Any particular evidence for this? Most seem that way----that's in their training manual! If you're willing to let everyone know where it is, maybe a local MUD member can check it out?

Here are underchassis pics. Im from california we are not used to this. Let me know what you guys think

To give you a data point, in March I bought my 2015 LC with 35K miles on it for $55k plus TTL. Zero rust.

What I saw in the picture seems minimal. During my search I found similar rigs but the cross country shipping and additional costs to see the rig in person before buying it made me continue to look.

To give you a data point, in March I bought my 2015 LC with 35K miles on it for $55k plus TTL. Zero rust.

What I saw in the picture seems minimal. During my search I found similar rigs but the cross country shipping and additional costs to see the rig in person before buying it made me continue to look.

it seems heading to that direction to look for more since im not in a hurry anyway

One if the very useful tools to check history of the new LC is the Toyota Owners App, with the vin number, the app shows all the dealership history of maintenance on the vehicle and all parts which were replaced under warranty, if any. Sometimes the vehicle is sold by third party dealership and history is not available. Carfax shows only what was reported. When I was searching for my LC 200, this tool help me a lot, specailly to see servicing intervals and what was replaced.

It looks fine.

Are you doing a coast-coast deal to save money? Or the color combo is extremely rare or there’s something unique about the car?

I would only do it if it’s extremely rare. Otherwise I wouldn’t spend the precious time and deal with tremendous hassle of doing a long distance deal. Look up the thread where someone tried to save a few bucks but ended up with huge headache.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom