Bolt on turbo kit (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I only have the one “gently used” one. Others incoming

Let me know, I'm going to want one thrown in with my kit if the stars align.

Edit: just for clarity, I'm not asking for it to be thrown in for free, just that if it is available when my kit ships i will gladly pay for it. Or if it goes up for pre-order.

Last edited:
On the methanol kit, I've got everything worked out but its not quite production ready because its not as bolt-on as I'd like it to be yet. Here is a simple mounting bracket solution for the boost switch. Its a simple hobb's switch. Its adjustable but I'll be setting them all here before they go out. Switch is normally off and once boost hits 2psi it connects to ground which turns on the pump. Let off the gas pedal and the throttle plate closes so no boost so the switch disconnects ground. Its crazy simple.

The issue was just about the mounting of the switch. A simple mount was made and it secures the switch to the unused bracket off the MAF. Works perfectly. I'll be making up a batch of these to go with the eventually kit.

Wits-End-turbo-switch-mount.png
Wits'-End-Boost-Switch-Mount.jpg
Wits'-End-Boost-Switch-Mount2.jpg

Wits-End-turbo-switch-mount1.png
Wits-End-turbo-switch-mount2.png

On the methanol kit, I've got everything worked out but its not quite production ready because its not as bolt-on as I'd like it to be yet. Here is a simple mounting bracket solution for the boost switch. Its a simple hobb's switch. Its adjustable but I'll be setting them all here before they go out. Switch is normally off and once boost hits 2psi it connects to ground which turns on the pump. Let off the gas pedal and the throttle plate closes so no boost so the switch disconnects ground. Its crazy simple.

The issue was just about the mounting of the switch. A simple mount was made and it secures the switch to the unused bracket off the MAF. Works perfectly. I'll be making up a batch of these to go with the eventually kit.

View attachment 2417305View attachment 2417308View attachment 2417309
View attachment 2417311View attachment 2417312
That is really clean. Thankfully, I did not cut that bracket off when it started to get i the way. Almost took the dremel to it a few weeks back. Looking forward to this kit.

To late, I trimmed ear off and cleaned up area of clutter.....:bang:

I'm envisioning a clamp onto the neck of the air cleaner with a pig's ear for bolting this on, and the name of my new company etched into the black anodizing "Witty Ends". :rofl:

Any update on current status....group number, next expected shipment etc?

@NLXTACY ’s wife is in the hospital *and* has been on chemo, and there have been fires near the office (one employee had his house burned down).

6 days ago he posted on IG about having huge shipping issues. Mostly USPS.<no politics>.

(all public info based on his IG posts)

Last edited:
Time for an update...

11 of you got an email from me that your turbo kit is getting kitted and should be going out soon. Well today that got one step closer. All of the turbo blankets showed up. And just now the downpipe blankets showed up. Holy hell its been a long ass time.

Now the other two pieces of the puzzle, hoses and pipes, got sidetracked. The hose samples came in for me to approve and everything was perfect EXCEPT one of the hose ends wasn't black zinc. I WAS gonna say FAWK IT I DON'T CARE ANY F'ING MORE but the pipe guy said the J-pipes are done but the downpipes are still delayed "a little bit". So the hoses were rejected to have the correct color ends put on. So these 11 are still going out and then its off to the batch after it.

The batch after these will get me all caught up and frankly I can't wait to be done with these stupid things.

IMG_0475.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom