4x4labs rear bumper build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I purchased one from them online a week and a half ago and can’t wait to get mine also.
Did you order a built one or kit?
Ordered it built for cash, no tax and have the tire carrier be on the passenger side to compensate for the full gas tank lean. Mine will be ready May 30th ... I prepayed for it ... Took the cruiser with the cruiser club Im in saturday , and was banging that hitch and the spare under the truck all day , so it'll be a welcome change ! They are literally 5 or so miles from me , so the cash deal worked well , saved a few c notes...

Ordered it built for cash, no tax and have the tire carrier be on the passenger side to compensate for the full gas tank lean. Mine will be ready May 30th ... I prepayed for it ... Took the cruiser with the cruiser club Im in saturday , and was banging that hitch and the spare under the truck all day , so it'll be a welcome change ! They are literally 5 or so miles from me , so the cash deal worked well , saved a few c notes...

Nice, that’s awesome to hear.
There’s one thing I’m unclear on though regarding the built option. Are the bumpers powder coated or is that something I should be anticipating to have done when I receive mine? Any input is appreciated.

There’s one thing I’m unclear on though regarding the built option. Are the bumpers powder coated or is that something I should be anticipating to have done when I receive mine? Any input is appreciated.
You choose when ordering.

Here is a printable file for these instructions

Attachments

• build instructions together with pictures .pdf
    3.1 MB · Views: 570
Thanks for the info
Here is a printable file for these instructions

thank you!

I'd think if it was the non built way , there bare steel , you won't be striking an arc on powder coating . But the built ones are powder coated or you can opt to not having them power coated on the built ones. O opted for powder coating !

Now when I bought my white knuckle sliders I didnt get powder coating because I figured once I slide across the rock the powder coating is gone ... So I just spray them twice a yr with satin black Rust-Oleum and there good !

But figured on the rear bumper there's less of a chance sliding across rocks on most of it , so I thought ok on the powder coating on it !

I'd think if it was the non built way , there bare steel , you won't be striking an arc on powder coating . But the built ones are powder coated or you can opt to not having them power coated on the built ones. O opted for powder coating !

Now when I bought my white knuckle sliders I didnt get powder coating because I figured once I slide across the rock the powder coating is gone ... So I just spray them twice a yr with satin black Rust-Oleum and there good !

But figured on the rear bumper there's less of a chance sliding across rocks on most of it , so I thought ok on the powder coating on it !

I agree. I want the bumper powdercoated. I am hoping it is going to be... I think i need to make a call to the shop to verify that is going to be the final result.

I agree. I want the bumper powdercoated. I am hoping it is going to be... I think i need to make a call to the shop to verify that is going to be the final result.
Just go to their website and you’ll see. Like I said above, you choose if you want it powder coated or not. You don’t have to hope. Obviously only a choice if you order it built.

Oh man, I feel like an idiot... haha

Now I am reading the dropdown clearly.... “Derp.”

thanks for the help.
Take care

does it matter which side the spare is on for lean? I will be ordering one with dual swing outs and 3 jerry can holder, they will remain empty unless on a long trip. I have heavy springs in the rear.

Love my setup! Luke was awesome to work with. Welded my kit myself and it was very doable and would definitely do it myself again

E7A547AC-0F15-4516-AA3A-652FB3376BB3.jpeg

83338C00-5017-46C7-89C8-9A0968DE310B.jpeg

2C21B03F-7FDE-499D-8E43-2C7222F7D52A.jpeg

F95C3F02-2F0E-44B6-8254-10442DFE400D.jpeg

BB74048E-B8B8-4E08-8EF1-5F24BE87B5BB.jpeg

Is there any particular reason the tire carrier is placed on the driver's side? I'm planning on getting one for my 80 series but I would like my spare tire on the passenger side. I know I can order it on either side, just wondering if there's a particular reason for the setup to be designed that way.
@4x4labs maybe you can instruct me

Thanks!

My tyre is on the driver side so I can look over my right shoulder and see out the back. Smaller tyres might not matter as much for visibility.
If my tyre was on the passenger side I wouldn’t be able to see anything.

I agree and yes that's what 4x4 Labs would advise. They will build it however you like, but the default is driver's side so you can still see out of the rearview.

Can confirm that's the case as mine was just installed and I can see between the gas cans and tire.

I have mine on the driver side. I’ve heard the argument that people put it on the passenger side for weight balance. I think the visibility outweighs the weight benefit

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom