"automatic on" fuse block? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all,
I was wondering if anyone knows of an automatic turn on, modern style fuse block that could be added to a 40? Specifically, the stereo in our HJ47 is always cutting out because that fuse in the OEM block is always getting a little corroded. Like constantly and it is really annoying. to add to the issue, it is a weird little short fuse that I can't ever seem to find to buy new extra ones for anyway. So I was wondering if anyone makes a modern fuseblock that I could hardwire to the battery & run directly to the stereo & maybe a few other after market things I'd like to have. Something that would turn on when the truck turned on, and off when the truck turned off. Does that sort of thing exist, or am I just dreaming?
thanks in advance!
Erica & Abe

Napa and other stores sell fuse blocks, blade type fuses, 4, 8 circuit etc, run the power to the fuse block thru a relay triggered by the key on position.

What type of radio Erica? I have turn of the century Toyota units. Besides the ground those have three 12 volt feeds. One that has constant power that would off an aux fuse box. Besides carrying most the current it also needed to hold the memory for the programed stations and other settings. A switched source would run of the ignition. Last is 12 volt off the dash lights that dims the screen when lights are on. The switched line draws very little amperage and should work on any of the circuits running thru the ignition switch. That very well could even mean the circuit your having issues with. Thought this was a pretty standard on radios for the last twenty years or so. All the factory radio I've collect from this time period are are the premium type with a external amplifier which I wouldn't want to run all the current thru the ignition switch in thirty five year old vehicle.

Hey all,
I was wondering if anyone knows of an automatic turn on, modern style fuse block that could be added to a 40? Specifically, the stereo in our HJ47 is always cutting out because that fuse in the OEM block is always getting a little corroded. Like constantly and it is really annoying. to add to the issue, it is a weird little short fuse that I can't ever seem to find to buy new extra ones for anyway. So I was wondering if anyone makes a modern fuseblock that I could hardwire to the battery & run directly to the stereo & maybe a few other after market things I'd like to have. Something that would turn on when the truck turned on, and off when the truck turned off. Does that sort of thing exist, or am I just dreaming?
thanks in advance!
Erica & Abe

Well, have you researched ? There are many, many, people with salt water boats using this company. I will only help and believe you can figure it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom