BBQ and build Oct 10th and 11th (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, I have a 2016 LC that I've had for a few years.... been planning on building her up and finally got the funds to do so. I order and received Bud Build rock sliders, stage 3 bud built armor, ARB snorkel, and a front runner roof rack. All in the box and need to install, now the question is .... Would anyone like to help me tackle this project in my garage???? I have the tools, just looking for a little guidance, elbow grease, and people with the same passion for our rigs. I'm not looking to get all this done in one day, but just hanging out, drinking some beers and soda and pizza. Any takers? Looking on doing this on a October 10th Saturday and 11th Sunday when the temps are in the mid 80's.... NOT going to lie, this heat wave is making me a pu$$y.....I live in Lake Elsinore 92530, please feel free to text me 951-852-1420

I should be free on the 11th.

We do wrench days at my place in Fallbrook almost every weekend. Let me know if you don't get enough help up there - you could come here to wrap it up.

Hey guys, I have a 2016 LC that I've had for a few years.... been planning on building her up and finally got the funds to do so. I order and received Bud Build rock sliders, stage 3 bud built armor, ARB snorkel, and a front runner roof rack. All in the box and need to install, now the question is .... Would anyone like to help me tackle this project in my garage???? I have the tools, just looking for a little guidance, elbow grease, and people with the same passion for our rigs. I'm not looking to get all this done in one day, but just hanging out, drinking some beers and soda and pizza. Any takers? Looking on doing this on a October 10th Saturday and 11th Sunday when the temps are in the mid 80's.... NOT going to lie, this heat wave is making me a pu$$y.....I live in Lake Elsinore 92530, please feel free to text me 951-852-1420
Not sure if you’ve considered or done the Jowett oil filter housing with fumoto valve or fumoto oil drain valve, but if so, you should do them before the skid plates. The fumoto oil drain valve being more important to do before the skids than the Jowett housing.

Good luck with all of your early Christmas presents. I’m sure you’ve read up on everything in the 200’s section. That’s my best advice as ive done everything except the snorkel. These are all pretty straightforward mods as long as you’ve read up and just take your time.

Not sure if you’ve considered or done the Jowett oil filter housing with fumoto valve or fumoto oil drain valve, but if so, you should do them before the skid plates. The fumoto oil drain valve being more important to do before the skids than the Jowett housing.

Good luck with all of your early Christmas presents. I’m sure you’ve read up on everything in the 200’s section. That’s my best advice as ive done everything except the snorkel. These are all pretty straightforward mods as long as you’ve read up and just take your time.
Great idea, can get from Amazon (there's a version with a nipple on it but I have no idea if there would be clearance issues w/ the skids): Amazon product ASIN B07D9D9TJ1

Thank you... and yes I have read and watch the video's , but its always nice have someone who has done this already before and better with a few guys kicking back and shooting the breeze...

Not sure what I will be doing that weekend but there is a good chance I will be wrenching at Phulcrums as I have much repairs to do on my cruisers. If you get done or need more help swing on by, the smoker is usually going and the beer is cold. And there are lots of cruisers...

We do wrench days at my place in Fallbrook almost every weekend. Let me know if you don't get enough help up there - you could come here to wrap it up.
I saw your comment and would love to come down one weekend I have free. I'm just over the hill in Temecula and recently picked up an 80. Please PM me the info and I'll be there sometime soon.

Great idea, can get from Amazon (there's a version with a nipple on it but I have no idea if there would be clearance issues w/ the skids): Amazon product ASIN B07D9D9TJ1
I have the brass one with the nipple. It clears no problem. There’s also a nickel plated one that supposedly works for the oil drain. It has an o-ring instead of the felt washer. I have no idea if one is preferable to the other.
07780443-BD64-440E-89AD-F2F89774A8E2.jpeg

I have the brass one with the nipple. It clears no problem. There’s also a nickel plated one that supposedly works for the oil drain. It has an o-ring instead of the felt washer. I have no idea if one is preferable to the other. View attachment 2449287
Nice, looking at the door you def want the nipple otherwise you'll be shooting oil everywhere you don't want it. Means I'll have to swap mine out if/when I get me some BB skids.

Nice, looking at the door you def want the nipple otherwise you'll be shooting oil everywhere you don't want it. Means I'll have to swap mine out if/when I get me some BB skids.
You may be able to buy the nipple separately. It’s definitely a separate piece that you have to tighten down yourself. And yes, you definitely want/need the nipple.

Hi guys,
Well this weekend October 10th and 11th I'll be installing all the parts. Looking forward to meeting you all. I'm trying to get a head count of who's all coming for beer, soda, and food. You don't need to be there both days unless you want too.
Please feel free to text me at 951-852-1420 Chow

How did the install go? I’m interested in the bud built sliders too and wanted to head over but had to work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom