Bow Tie Pig Restoration (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Alright Mud family, hoping I didn’t get in over my head here. Found this old girl on a piece of land a few weeks and was able to strike a deal. She only has two owners, always a CO car and sports a 350 SBC. Body is fairly straight and complete but she has a lot of rust. Will need advice on how to get her patched up. I did a quick cleanup but will need to pull carpet and see how deep this rabbit hole will take me. Thank you in advance for the support and guidance!

AB3D4258-8AC6-4864-8F47-400384C151C8.jpeg

Welcome to the rabbit hole!😃👍
The previous two owners didn’t do you any favors, so that rabbit hole looks like it goes down pretty deep judging by that picture.
Are you wanting to get it running and drivable or were you hoping to get it apart and on a rotisserie ASAP?

Welcome! This will be fun..sorta. 77? That grill looks like a wall hanger to me ;) Congrats on the pig!

Welcome to the rabbit hole!😃👍
The previous two owners didn’t do you any favors, so that rabbit hole looks like it goes down pretty deep judging by that picture.
Are you wanting to get it running and drivable or were you hoping to get it apart and on a rotisserie ASAP?
Its drivable eight now. Needs some basic fluid changes and carb work but she drives! Body is the biggest challenge. I’ll try to post more photos and you can see. PO gave me some refurb and factory fender panels I’m going to throw on. More to come.

Nice; Land Cruisers had "cigar" lighters instead of cigarette lighters. $100 for an AM radio.....too cool. Nice that it has/had A/C. You might need to upgrade some parts but it's good to have the interior parts.

Those fender pieces certainly help the project. I'm worried about the rear wheel wells and roof gutter, etc. You'll be on your own there, no aftermarket pieces that I know of.
Good time to ask a Pig pro question... can these pieces be fabricated by a good metal worker? Or is this a nonstarter and beyond repair? I’m assuming this can be fixed over time. My main concern is safety. Floor pans are first on the list, body mounts as well. Then visual appeal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom