removing 3rd row seats from 1992 FJ80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Manual makes it look like this can be done without tools. Others say I have to remove bolts. I managed to disengage the metal hook under the folded seat, but now I can't make it budge. Suggestions?

No tools required. There is a small lever to press while the seat is pivoted slightly and then sliding the seat backwards. There is a small piece of carpet that unsnaps to get at the lever.

No tools required. There is a small lever to press while the seat is pivoted slightly and then sliding the seat backwards. There is a small piece of carpet that unsnaps to get at the lever.

Thanks! I got them out. Just hoping I never have to put them back in! Now I'll have much more space for camping and kayaking gear. Maybe better mileage, too. Also looking at getting slightly more modest tires for the road, without entirely giving up the G-r-r-r-r-r look of my truck. Hoping that might reduce noice and enhance mileage, too.

Thanks! I got them out. Just hoping I never have to put them back in! Now I'll have much more space for camping and kayaking gear. Maybe better mileage, too. Also looking at getting slightly more modest tires for the road, without entirely giving up the G-r-r-r-r-r look of my truck. Hoping that might reduce noice and enhance mileage, too.

Nothing you do will enhance mileage. It will always be the same. Mine is the same empty as towing 3000 pounds with the A/C on. It's crazy. 13 mpg.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom