TPMS Light - (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
All,

Thanks in advance. I've had a flashing TPMS light for a while now.
  • The sensors were on an '06 LX470 and were dead
  • They have been replaced with OEM sensors, but I am still getting the light
I was told that this might be a fuse issue as well, as the reader that Discount Tire was using recognized all the sensors but they were unable to clear the code. If that is the case, does anyone know what fuse to replace/where it might be? Or should I likely be chasing another route...

Much appreciated.

Check the pressure in the spare tire before you search any further. It will set off the tons light if low

Check the pressure in the spare tire before you search any further. It will set off the tons light if low
Mark,

Sorry, should have been more specific up top. All five sensors were swapped, all tires at proper pressure. I run a 5 tire rotation to extend mileage on my set.

All,

Thanks in advance. I've had a flashing TPMS light for a while now.
  • The sensors were on an '06 LX470 and were dead
  • They have been replaced with OEM sensors, but I am still getting the light
I was told that this might be a fuse issue as well, as the reader that Discount Tire was using recognized all the sensors but they were unable to clear the code. If that is the case, does anyone know what fuse to replace/where it might be? Or should I likely be chasing another route...

Much appreciated.

Try this - spare tire press sensor???

My 100 doesn't have TPMS, but isn't there a button by the glovebox for a 2nd set of tires/sensors? You can try that first to see if the light goes away. If you took notes or took pictures of the 5 new sensors you should be able to program it yourself with techstream (i'm assuming it's similar to my 09 camry where you just type in the codes for each sensor)

did you do any electric work recently? my light went off out of the blue after 3.5 years in a pressurized PVC tube. Some if not all tired places can't do much with these sensors, I made a few calls a long time ago. That's how they ended up in a pressurized tube in the first place.

There is no code to reset. it's just a warning light like all the others. The glove box button and the dash button don''t do much except you can see when they are depressed in techstream> ECU> live data
You definitely might need techstream to enter new IDs, and to check signal/register. This is where I get a comms drop out.

I've not been able to communicate with the ecu when I get that far. What I can see on techstream is that the ID numbers are lost and there is no signal. IT's like they vanished one day. (live data info)

I'm trying a second techstream set up soon to see if I can get passed the comm error.
I haven't figured out how to manually check battery level on all five sensors yet.

It's not a bulb either, it's a soldered LED on the board so you can't pull it without difficult work.
My last option is electrical tape under the black overlay with all the writing on it. That's the translucent black flimsy plastic that covers the whole combo meter.

I'm suspicious of the ecu getting reset. It's like it got reflashed, how else would all five original ID's get erased when they were there about 4 years ago?

I haven't searched rebuilding toyota TPMS sensors yet.

I also don't know about a jumper on an ECU without investigating it (ECU) first. I hope to get to it in the next few days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom