What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (55 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’ve got a H41 sitting in my garage so that ship has sailed. I should still be at 80:1 in 1st/low with that combo. For what I do off-road that’s way overkill.
Disclaimer:I wouldn’t push this point if you were all Toyota.

So what’s the value on that h41? SM465’s are dirt cheap and they used upto 1tons, so they’re stout. Often they come with a bellhousing that bolts upto your v8.

Nothing against the Toyota tranny- it’s a proven transmission. It just that Chevy did a couple things right and it’s another way to go.

ps- I hear you on the 3 spd tranny, that’s how I went down the v8 rabbit hole in the first place. I never liked that aspect of my cruiser when it was stock. But now I’m well past that point...

Took an orbital sander to the door to try and speed up the paint removal process.
Trouble shot my headlight issue-bad beam selector switch.
Drove it for the first time, it did great!
Ordered taillights and beam selector switch from Cruiser Outfitters, should be here this week.

2437EB3A-BEE9-41CF-8879-33C9908D0404.jpeg

D145AACA-56EC-45DC-B2DA-37CCF7000D75.jpeg

Disclaimer:I wouldn’t push this point if you were all Toyota.

So what’s the value on that h41? SM465’s are dirt cheap and they used upto 1tons, so they’re stout. Often they come with a bellhousing that bolts upto your v8.

Nothing against the Toyota tranny- it’s a proven transmission. It just that Chevy did a couple things right and it’s another way to go.

ps- I hear you on the 3 spd tranny, that’s how I went down the v8 rabbit hole in the first place. I never liked that aspect of my cruiser when it was stock. But now I’m well past that point...

Literally nothing against the SM465, in fact I like the gear ratios in them a bit better since you can pretty much just skip first gear on the road. I just came across the H41 first, and it will bolt right up to my existing adapter bell housing and a Toyota transfer case of my choosing without adapters or any major modification. With the H41 I shouldn’t need to rethink anything - no modifications to the clutch system from what I have (though I might not have needed them anyway), no transfer case adapters, no driveshaft modifications - it should just drop right in.

@BDSeff1fitty ...thank you so much for the offer. We are good. Strangely enough I am in a small pocket that never lost power. We did lose water which could be back on as early as today. Be safe out there. I hope your parents are fine and suffered minimal damage.

Had a place booked at Fort Morgan this week and took a chance........
We evacuated Tuesday am!
Did eat at a pretty good dive.... grilled grouper/cold beer @SassyBass before we left 😉

How well do you think those windshield repair patches will ship? ;)
Just a one off, don’t think anyone wants to pay the time I’ve got into it.😏

Last edited:
Just a one off, donut think anyone wants to pay the time I’ve got into it.😏
True, but we'll happily learn how it's done from your excellent pictures. I'm hoping to only need to replace parts of the flat sections of my '74 frame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom