4:1 gears in a 34mm split case (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking to upgrade my splitcase to 4:1 gears. 38mm cases are getting tougher to find so I’d like to see who has used their 34mm case. Would love to see pictures of the process as well as where and how much material has been added.

Thanks!
Max

E55ADC1B-96E1-4059-AD51-E72E8F5B47C2.jpeg

4:1 gears in a 34mm case that's black magic voodoo bro

The word on the street is that the case gets... "thin"
I want to try it, and just cut a big window out of the case and weld a piece of 1/8" where it gets thin.
Basically, send me your transfer case and and some gears and let me get crazy

Last edited:
The word on the street is that the case gets... "thin"
I want to try it, and just cut a big window out of the case and weld a piece of 1/8" where it gets thin.
Basically, send me your transfer case and and some gears and let me get crazy

Kinda the same idea I had too. with enough aluminum welded in I won’t need a skid plate 😂

Going to order the gearset tomorrow. I’ll document it here.

Kinda the same idea I had too. with enough aluminum welded in I won’t need a skid plate 😂

Going to order the gearset tomorrow. I’ll document it here.

Feel free to call if you need tech support. We have the gear sets and rebuild kits in stock. We also offer machining services to clearance the Tcase for the lower gear sets.
Georg @ Valley Hybrids, Cruiser Brothers & Long Range America
Shop 209-475-8808

@74fj40
Are you planning on clearance the case yourself? I've held back on attempting this and I'm curious how it will go. I have a spare case at the moment which may be fun to try on my own.

I have the transfercase mostly apart. Back half of the case is clean. Not Georg clean but good enough for me. Found some pictures posted by Georg of a machined case and used it as a diagram to do some preliminary machining (AKA Precision grinding).

I only allot myself 30 minutes of garage time a night so I’m pretty happy with how far I’ve gotten in a few days time.

@74fj40
Are you planning on clearance the case yourself? I've held back on attempting this and I'm curious how it will go. I have a spare case at the moment which may be fun to try on my own.

Absolutely am going to give it a try myself. If I blow through the case I can tig weld it, so I'm not too worried about it.

I too am not afraid of adding material. Would love to see very specific measurements and details.

This is cool. So to clarify, a 10% reduction in high in the TC is equivalent to swapping 3.73's to 4.10's. but the low-range is compounded how much?

This is cool. So to clarify, a 10% reduction in high in the TC is equivalent to swapping 3.73's to 4.10's. but the low-range is compounded how much?

from 2.28:1 stock low range to 4:1 would be about a 75% reduction in ratio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom