Boulder/Denver LX470 Trusted Mechanic (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

For those wishing to see the Slee showroom. I suggest you wait until covid-19 resolved.

I just order by email, prepay on phone and pick-up at the rear loading dock for now.

Yes, currently our showroom is closed for walk in clients in order to limit the amount of people here and minimize contact between customers and staff. We are happy to consult over the phone, or set an appointment if a more in depth discussion is needed.

How about shop recs south of Denver? We live not too far from ToyDoctor in Littleton and Toyauto Masters in Englewood.

How about shop recs south of Denver? We live not too far from ToyDoctor in Littleton and Toyauto Masters in Englewood.
@2001LC is right in that area. I live in South Denver and he is very convenient for me.

I have had good experiences with Toy Automotive and have heard positive things about Toy Doctor, though I don't have any direct experience with them.

I'm near DU/Wash Park and have been taking my cruisers to Leo's Automotive on Pearl Street - owner drives a JDM 60 series, so he's into it. They've taken great care of my vehicles and treated me well. They service all makes and models but from talking to the service managers it sounds like many of the mechanics are toyota enthusiasts.

I have had good experiences with RSG Offroad as well, but they are out of the way for me.

What shop does 2001LC run?

My hobby is restoring 100 series. Over the years more and more locals 100 series owners, bring their rigs to me for service. At times, I have mechanics bring me trouble cases. I've advantage of only working on 100, and to lesser extend 200 series. I will, at times, also work on other 4.7L. You can read a little about me in my Master Thread (first link) found in my signture.

Last edited:

I've been to ToyDoctor and TOYEXUS. ToyDoctor from my experience seemed decent, but I didn't have them do anything major, just a presales inspection. I could definitely tell that when they explained the inspection to me, it was very general and had no specific knowledge of the 100 series. I had a very bad experience at TOYEXUS and strongly advise not taking anything you care about there.

Since then, I have gone to Paul / @2001LC. Like others have said, he's extremely knowledgeable, honest, and meticulous about his work. I don't think you will get that level of detail and attention at many other shops.

My hobby is restoring 100 series. Over the years more and more locals 100 series owners, bring their rigs to me for service. At times, I have mechanics bring trouble cases. I've advantage of only working on 100, and to lesser extend 200 series. I will, at times, also work on other 4.7L. You can read a little about me in my master link (first link) found in my signture.

Nice - I previously posted in that thread, so I'm not sure why I didn't put 2 and 2 together here. haha.

Glad to have another resource in town - will definitely keep you in mind!

I'm just going to repeat what's already been said and recommend Paul / @2001LC. I was traveling through Colorado from Florida and had the privilege of Paul taking the time to tighten up my LX. I've taken it to three 5 star rated shops in my area and asked them to look it over and identify anything that should be taken care of; all three told me everything looked good.

Paul kept it for a few days, prioritized what needed to be done, and took care of what was in my budget; I couldn't be happier with how it's run since. He also gave me an extremely detailed list (pages) of what else should be done in the future down to the finest detail. I wish I had the list with me so that I could give a few examples of the extent of how meticulous he is with these vehicles. Again, three reputable shops in my area found nothing.

Additionally, he spent plenty of his time going over the truck with me and I honestly wish I could have just recorded everything he said for future reference. One of the people I listen to for guidance says to look for help from someone with the heart of a teacher and Paul is one of those people. I say that not only because of my experience with him in person, but because of how much help he freely gives on this forum.

Again, it was an absolute privilege to meet Paul and I'm grateful for the work that he does; I'm sure you'd hear the same from anyone else.

I'm just going to repeat what's already been said and recommend Paul / @2001LC. I was traveling through Colorado from Florida and had the privilege of Paul taking the time to tighten up my LX. I've taken it to three 5 star rated shops in my area and asked them to look it over and identify anything that should be taken care of; all three told me everything looked good.

Paul kept it for a few days, prioritized what needed to be done, and took care of what was in my budget; I couldn't be happier with how it's run since. He also gave me an extremely detailed list (pages) of what else should be done in the future down to the finest detail. I wish I had the list with me so that I could give a few examples of the extent of how meticulous he is with these vehicles. Again, three reputable shops in my area found nothing.

Additionally, he spent plenty of his time going over the truck with me and I honestly wish I could have just recorded everything he said for future reference. One of the people I listen to for guidance says to look for help from someone with the heart of a teacher and Paul is one of those people. I say that not only because of my experience with him in person, but because of how much help he freely gives on this forum.

Again, it was an absolute privilege to meet Paul and I'm grateful for the work that he does; I'm sure you'd hear the same from anyone else.
WOW. Thanks, that makes it all worthwhile!

Given the option for service on our 100 series- Paul is the obvious answer. If, for some reason you cannot work Paul into your situation, I’ve had good experiences with ToyAuto Masters. They’ve worked on my former Sequoia and my son’s 4runner with good results, and I’ve yet to have the sales (you know, you really need to do r,s,t,u,v,x,y,and z to your vehicle while it’s in) experience with them. And the work they’ve done has been spot on.

I will definitely reach out to Paul/ @2001LC in the future with such high praise. I am hopeful he won't get too busy with all these great recommendations.

I used Genuine Auto Repair in Littleton for timing belt/water pump. Dan was super helpful And very familiar with the 100 series. Repair came with a 3 yr 36k warranty. He also quickly found an issue with my AC, which luckily was just the connection to the compressor (Lexus and Toyota both missed this easy fix).

I will definitely reach out to Paul/ @2001LC in the future with such high praise. I am hopeful he won't get too busy with all these great recommendations.
He could always hire the help of his choosing and cross-train someone. I'm sure it would be a nice problem to have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom