62 clock in a 60-wiring (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

NCFJ

Supporting Vendor
Threads
I am putting a 62 clock (and dash) in a 60 and I need to know the wiring inputs. There are four spades on the back of the clock. Lets call the upper left #1, upper right #2, lower left #3 and lower right #4 according to the photo. Anyone know the correct hook up?
Thanks in advance.

Main power
Ground
Dash lights
Acc power

clock3-jpg.289084

Per your image...

Upper Left: Switched +12v, factory wired to the cigarette lighter fuse
Upper Right: Switched +12v, factory wired to the tail lamp fuse
Lower Left: Constant +12v, factory wired to dome fuse
Lower Right: Ground

attached plug image off a 62 harness.

07CB5BA9-86EC-4B49-B52F-85BFD3D6157D.jpeg

Last edited:
Per your image...

Upper Left: Switched +12v, factory wired to the cigarette lighter fuse
Upper Right: Switched +12v, factory wired to the tail lamp fuse
Lower Left: Constant +12v, factory wired to dome fuse
Lower Right: Ground

attached plug image off a 62 harness.

View attachment 2436483

Man what a great post. I have no idea how you would know this, but had to point out this kind of information is awesome (I am sure your own dash transplant project helps here). Sorry just had to point out how helpful the information @mattressking provides all the time on this forum is. Great stuff. Carry on.

Man what a great post. I have no idea how you would know this, but had to point out this kind of information is awesome (I am sure your own dash transplant project helps here). Sorry just had to point out how helpful the information @mattressking provides all the time on this forum is. Great stuff. Carry on.

MIT Engineer Dad taught me to read flow diagrams in high school while doing my first engine swap. Wiring an engine into a different car really fascinated me, along with learning how to make wiring harnesses.

Having completed the dash swap helps too, haha! I took some harnesses as extras from the junkyard so I can have extra plugs and wire.

The only item I haven't attacked is the rear wiper, but I just need the later relay to wire it in, haven't grabbed one yet to add. I went back and forth with which dash harness to use and ended up sticking with the 60 version and adapting accordingly. I found that celica/supra fog light switches work great to fit in 62 bezel and are two pole, so the rear heater can be wired in like factory. The switched power from the unused 60 power antenna plug is also great to be adapted to any type of plug, such as power for aux lighting or cb (I went with cb).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom