One of the last HZJ75 sold , July 1999 . (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

AC condenser was crumbling , so new AC condenser and filter . Surprisingly , original Toyota AC condenser was not (very) expensive , 220 € . Original filter 35€ . Sadly I was not there to do some photos of the condenser install . All new viton Orings . Now it works perfectly . AC blows ice cold air now : 0ºC with 36ª centigrade ambient temperature

IMG_0258.jpeg

IMG_0261.jpeg

IMG_0269.jpeg

Rear brakes , drums ( very even , light wear ) and hubs in excellent condition ! Only needed a good cleaning . No leaks whatsoever . Waiting new original brake lines . These are the original ones and they are not cracked or bulged , but they are 21 years old . Better safe than sorrow .

Right

IMG_0259.jpeg

Left
IMG_0260.jpeg

Last edited:
The dreaded cargo barrier I had to install , not to pay 40000€ import duty :devil: ! I placed the original jack handles just behind the drivers seat , and bought a decent sized breaker bar . Much easier to unbolt / bolt the lug nuts when changing a wheel .

IMG_0445.jpeg

IMG_0446.jpeg

And my lovely front facing rear seat , wrapped , lying useless on the cargo area . It was mandatory also to uninstall the rear seat belts !
IMG_0448.jpeg

Last edited:
Wow what a beauty! I've seen millions of hzj75's here in Aus but none with factory diff locks. I've never actually seen that light on the dash.
I've seen them with the factory PTO I think, but they might have been hj75's. Anyway awesome car!

Wow what a beauty! I've seen millions of hzj75's here in Aus but none with factory diff locks. I've never actually seen that light on the dash.
I've seen them with the factory PTO I think, but they might have been hj75's. Anyway awesome car!
Thanks ! HZJ75s with factory AC and factory diff locks , I know 3 other ones . There are some more for sure , but they rare anyway . European 1999 HZJ75 , don't have mechanical winches . The parts catalog says that the part number is not applicable . Electric factory winch ( as a very expensive option ) only .

Here is a video of the engine running after cold start . I changed the batteries to YUASA , because the former batteries although perfect , one of them had the battery poles on the wrong side . Now they are correct . The older ones will go to another cruiser with weaker batteries .

Been some weeks since last post . Too busy at work ! This covid thing is a mess ( I am a GP/family doctor ) and keeps me from giving the cruisers the attention I would like . Anyway , my 1999 HZJ75 , has some features that I think are very unusual , at least to me . One of them is that it can have headlights with electric levelling ! Behind of both headlights , there is a plug for that as the next photos show .
On the first pic ( driver side LHD ) there is also another black plug that I could not identify what is it for . Any ideas ?
Part # for the LH headlight with levelling is 81150-60790 on Carmarka site , and the price is very good . So good that I think it is not wright .
Part# for the RH headlight with levelling is 81110-6A070 also carmarka site . On other sites , Amayama , partsouq , megazip , the price is much more expensive . Can anybody confirm these part numbers for both headlights with levelling ?
Thanks in advance for your help .

IMG_0470.jpeg

IMG_0471.jpeg

Some weeks ? months ? ago , I remember somebody asking if the troopies had a low fuel warning light . Can't remember which thread though , and can't remember if somebody answered that question also , sorry . Well , in my euro spec , July 1999 HZJ75 , there is a low fuel warning light . Blinking from 540 km , staying on solid at km 577,3 . Filled the tank at the next fuel station , at km 578,2 .
It took 76.98 l to fill the tank to the brim , which I did also on the previous fill . So there were still 13,02 litres of diesel remaining in the tank when the low fuel light stayed on , solid . Enough for (almost) 100 km . My fuel average was 13,31 litres/100 km , mixed driving ( mountain , highway , city ) .
225/95-16 tyres , H55F gearbox , 4,11 diffs . Not very good , not bad also . With these tall tyres , the odometer reads less than the reality , so I think that with 750/16 or the original tyres ( 205/80-16 ) it would be a bit more accurate , perhaps on the 12,5 L/100km range .
Here is the pic .

IMG_0507.jpeg

Last edited:
Great job so far with your HZJ75! I follow your friend Daniel Sardinha on Instagram, his 40 series restorations are BEAUTIFUL!

Thanks Exiled !

Daniel is a perfeccionist and I can brag of beeing a bit guilty of Daniel doing such an outstanding work !

Cheers !

Last, you can enjoy the little thing!
Congratulations for your patience and dedication!
Thank you mate for sharing this amazing story!

PS. Practically the same sh@@@t with such imports in Greece, already better in Germany though...

====
1984 BJ42 frame-off restored, 4E9 Toyo beige
1983 BJ45 P/UP resto project

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom