How weird will my LX470 look with BIOR rear bumper with Tire carrier and no front bumper? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

" Also IMO your rear tire isn't centered in the wheel well "

The wheel moves forward as you lift the truck without stretching the lower control arm.

How heavy and $$$ is that rear bumber? I got rid of the tow hitch and engine beauti-cover.

I honestly don't remember weight and cost of the Dissent bumper. I think ~150lbs and around $1500??? Mine is the older version: Dissent offroad modular rear bumper.

They have a new, no cut version now.

I think it looks weird but that's just me

I never noticed it. But now I will notice nothing else. Thanks bro. :flipoff2:

I've been rocking a BIO rear bumper with factory front for years on my 99 LC. Love it. Mike makes an awesomely stout bumper and it looks great with or without a front to match. Additionally he goes out of his way to support community events for the 100 crowd. Good guy and awesome product. Buy it!

View attachment 2402634

Thanks your truck looks great!

I've been rocking a BIO rear bumper with factory front for years on my 99 LC. Love it. Mike makes an awesomely stout bumper and it looks great with or without a front to match. Additionally he goes out of his way to support community events for the 100 crowd. Good guy and awesome product. Buy it!

View attachment 2402634

That picture looks familiar. Is your vehicle listed on CL right now?

That picture looks familiar. Is your vehicle listed on CL right now?
It is indeed! I'm comfortable enough with the baseline of the LX to let the 99 go and shift 100% focus to the LX. Registration's up at end of month, so it'd be good to avoid that pain as well.

It is indeed! I'm comfortable enough with the baseline of the LX to let the 99 go and shift 100% focus to the LX. Registration's up at end of month, so it'd be good to avoid that pain as well.

If you don't get the offers you're looking for let me know, I'll swap bumpers with you + some cash money.

If just having a rear bumper fits your needs and no front armor, what does it matter what it looks like?
For sure. I think the front bumper looks much better, but I've just got the rear on the 99. Form follows function.

If you don't get the offers you're looking for let me know, I'll swap bumpers with you + some cash money.
For sure. I debated taking it off and selling separately anyways. Bonus if you come over to help remove it. It's a beast.

Thanks all! Just ordered my BIOR rear bumper from Mike. He's pretty backed up (which is actually a good thing) so it will be about 14 weeks. An early Christmas present!

Last edited:

View attachment 2402634

Your truck looks awesome! I ordered a bumper from Mike two weeks ago, about 12 weeks out. Looking forward to it.

View attachment 2402634
Did you ever tow with the BIOR rear bumper? We pull a trailer when we camp so towing capability is definitely something I need to consider when I move forward with a rear bumper.

Did you ever tow with the BIOR rear bumper? We pull a trailer when we camp so towing capability is definitely something I need to consider when I move forward with a rear bumper.
I did not. Coincidentally, my towing opportunities ceased when I got that bumper. No more project cars to trailer home, no more moving houses, no more big house/garage projects.

I'd trust the bumpers to do well, but I'd pull over and verify a lot, just for the sake of cya. The common Curt hitches have a lot more leverage and are made from thinner steel with worse welds (as my untrained eye sees it). I'd be shocked if the BIO or my current Dissent bumper hitch receiver failed before either of my common style receivers.

I have a dissent rear bumper and factory front with a hidden winch and some square ridged lights. I think it looks great. But, then again, I’m weird.

View attachment 2402652

What mount do you have on your roof rack to hold the fire extinguisher and those rotopaxes ? I am looking for a similar setup, what brand roof rack you got there ? Thanks :)

What mount do you have on your roof rack to hold the fire extinguisher and those rotopaxes ? I am looking for a similar setup, what brand roof rack you got there ? Thanks :)

also curious

@LS13 & Biga27110, I built the racks myself. I purchased the Gamaviti roof rack mounts and welded up my own rack. Ultimately, I've removed the side rack holding the rotopaxes and the CO2 bottle. It worked fine, but I felt like it was putting too much weight and stress on that corner of the roof rack. I'm sure I could re-design it to distribute the weight more evenly, but I didn't want to spend the time removing the tent. I've welded up a different design to go on the second swing arm on the Dissent bumper. Easier access and way more stable.

If just having a rear bumper fits your needs and no front armor, what does it matter what it looks like?
Some people care about fashion and don't wear a fanny pack with cargo shorts in spite of the utility

I feel like my set up is more of a comfort/ease of use driven utility. Like going commando in cargo shorts. Set up to move about freely with quick, easy access to essential equipment when necessary.

@LS13 & Biga27110, I built the racks myself. I purchased the Gamaviti roof rack mounts and welded up my own rack. Ultimately, I've removed the side rack holding the rotopaxes and the CO2 bottle. It worked fine, but I felt like it was putting too much weight and stress on that corner of the roof rack. I'm sure I could re-design it to distribute the weight more evenly, but I didn't want to spend the time removing the tent. I've welded up a different design to go on the second swing arm on the Dissent bumper. Easier access and way more stable.

Thats awesome i think thats a product the community would want. Do you have pictures of the side rack so i can see how it works. Side rack is such a genius idea and looks cool too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom