Vibration at Idle (~1000 RPM) (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
In doing the traditional searching before posing a question that might be repetitive, I stumbled upon quite a few others having issues with various types of vibrations, and I'm left feeling thanks mine is so minor, but either way, I still want to get it figured out!

When sitting at a stoplight in Drive, foot on the brake, I'm getting a mild vibrating noise from the front passenger side of the truck, If I bump into Neutral, RPMs drop, vibration goes away... Sounds like it could be plastic on plastic, or metal on plastic. Before I tear the door apart, wanted to run it by you guys.

The video I took, trying to capture the noise, had terrible audio, but I'll re-take and post here once I get it uploaded.

Will be investigating this wkd, but wanted to see if anyone has dealt with a similiar thing.

Thanks y'all.

Captured audio of it;

What do you guys think? Anyone else get this?

That’s a weird one because it’s such a low/bass tone.

First thing I would do is get a friend to man the skinny pedal while you get your ears and hands (to FEEL for vibration) down in that corner. It’s surprising what touch has pick up when it comes to loud noise producers.

Might have to take off the passenger headrest and literally put the seat-back all the way flat...to get your ears down there with the door closed... :)

I might pop off the door panel and make sure the door speaker is tight...and has nothing touching the face of it’s driver.

Could also be something loose in the door panel itself.

Sadly, I think I know. Someone has damaged the linkage for the cabin filter flap that changes the HVAC system from fresh to recirculate. That‘s exactly the noise and location and conditions for it with mine after the dealer tech destroyed the linkage. You can confirm a damaged linkage by taking off the filter access door in the glovebox and seeing if the change flap moves back and forth when you hit the recirc/fresh button. Lots of info in other threads on this common problem.

Sadly, I think I know. Someone has damaged the linkage for the cabin filter flap that changes the HVAC system from fresh to recirculate. That‘s exactly the noise and location and conditions for it with mine after the dealer tech destroyed the linkage. You can confirm a damaged linkage by taking off the filter access door in the glovebox and seeing if the change flap moves back and forth when you hit the recirc/fresh button. Lots of info in other threads on this common problem.

To OP...
Just to be clear....

**Make sure you’re in recirculate mode** before accessing to check.

...because... just in case the problem is NOT the above...you don’t want to create the above problem while checking for it. :)

Thanks for the suggestions! I finally got some time to poke around, checked the cabin filter flap, intact and solid, poke around under the seat, dash and passenger door, no joy.

What it finally ended up being was a small gap between the carpet and the floorboard itself, and goes away when you press down on it....

Anyone experienced this before? Suggestions on how to remedy without tearing up the carpet? I’m visualizing injecting spray foam or something in there, but that just seems messy as hell!

Last edited:
any updates....I have the same noise too.....hvac flap is not broken.

thank you

any updates....I have the same noise too.....hvac flap is not broken.

thank you
yep. check the post before yours. theres a gap between the carpet and the floor pan, and its emitting a little buzz. i happned to have a big water bottle sitting down there and noticed that i wasnt hearing any noise, took the bottle off the floor, and boom, buzz.

i havent done anything to remedy it yet. huskey liners up front seem to be keeping it in check.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom