Events/Trails Coyote Flats trip Labor Day Weekend (9/3-7) 2020 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think we saw you.

1599578106191.png

Closed? Coyote Flats is wide open and in pristine condition. If you have the time, you might visit before the snow falls.

Ah, well either way it's probably best to let the smoke dissipate. It really ruins the amazing views.

Yeah mine doesn't really stand out anyway, just your run of the mill 80 on 35s. You are right, I'd say Tacoma's and cruisers were very common, maybe even more so than Jeeps.

It looks great! I just don't remember seeing yours. There were at least 5 80's, maybe more 100s I saw though!

No we were alone. I remember seeing a white lifted 80, a built 80 camped at Sanger Meadow...maybe two- one w a roof tent.
then a few more 80s running around. It's the most Toyota's i've ever seen up there. Even a 200 series HE!
A lot of 100's too. A nicely built 60... blue, I think. A lot!

Great pics! We ended up on the other side of the Sierras... about two miles away from the area of the Creek Fire that saw 100+ campers stranded and lifted out by helicopter.

This is what Bass Lake looked like at 10am on Sunday:

11975ADE-40C7-4A48-B643-9F62AC2529F9.jpeg

Did you guys end up at the camp site near Green Lake overlook? I stayed down by Baker a few weeks ago and wondered if there was something close to the overlook.

I'd love to but my 80 needs some love. I loaded it to the gills and ran it hard. I found my air locker seal is leaking, knuckles are leaking, and I really need to change diff/tcase oil. Too many hard off road miles and water crossings I guess. But then again, that's why I bought it!

I will post up my pics to night.

Frank

I find these two sites have the best weather predictions. As far as when the snow falls it changes every year but Mammoth usually starts getting snow by November so I'd say if you want to get up there plan in the next 4-6 weeks. We really lucked out with lows in the 50's this trip. We took a labor day trip a few years back and saw lows in the teens at night so be prepared if you go up there between now and when the snow starts to fall.

thanks for the tips! i'll def look out for weather conditions. message here if anyone is interested! i'd prefer to not trail this alone!

I still need to post up my report. That said, I would definitely recommend doing this route with another truck. It's a long way to help if you break down. Or, bring a nice down hill MTB if you go alone.

Frank

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom