New to cruisers and new to TX (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone I just picked up my first LC well actually a LX470 recently. I've also only been in the Dfw area for a year. I've got some time off this month and I'm looking for a good place to get started. I'd love somewhere within 3 hours or so with some easy trails with some primitive camping with a river or creek near by. I've got 4-5 days for the trip. I've only got a 2" lift and 35's with the running boards still on for now. I was looking at Ouachita and that area but I'm open to suggestions.

Any apps or tips on anything is very much appreciated. Thanks for helping out the new guy!

Welcome! I think your plan to go to the Ouachita area is a good one. Maybe Broken Bow area in Oklahoma too.

Welcome to Texas and to DFW! I have been to the Ouachita area and it is a great area to go wheeling. Particularly beautiful when the leaves turn for Autumn if you have some flexibility on when you plan to go.

Thanks for the info guys. Any specific roads or trails would be appreciated so I don't end up down something I can't handle.

Hi, We have a home in the Ouachitas. Let me know what you want info on. Mike

Hi, We have a home in the Ouachitas. Let me know what you want info on. Mike
Hey Mike I'm just looking to ride around for a while and then find somewhere quiet to set up the tent and camp and hike a little. Any specific roads or trails would be great! Thanks

I just bought my 100 a month ago, and I'm also looking for places to explore. I'm a bit northwest of Fort Worth.

Are there any local gatherings, or is everyone hunkered down?

The Hot Springs area is really pretty. There are free trails and plenty of camping and boating on some of the cleanest lakes and rivers in the world. Lake Degray and Ouachita can not be believed if you have not been there. Most of the lakes have trails around them ,some paved some very remote. Mike

I think im gonna go get lost in Ouachita next week it sounds exactly what I'm looking for. I'll report back

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom