Has TSB addressed throw out bearing issues on MT? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am in the market for an FJ and I am considering getting a MT. I have read on the fjc forums about issues with the throw out bearing (TOB) chirping. Seems to be pretty inconsistent on when this kicks in. What are people's experience with this?

I know Toyota issued a TSB around 2011 to resolve this. Has anyone had any success with TOB replacement after this guidance came out? (T-SB-0365-10)

Here you have. I use URD’s sleeve.

Attachments

• fj clutch bearing.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 307
I am in the market for an FJ and I am considering getting a MT. I have read on the fjc forums about issues with the throw out bearing (TOB) chirping. Seems to be pretty inconsistent on when this kicks in. What are people's experience with this?

I know Toyota issued a TSB around 2011 to resolve this. Has anyone had any success with TOB replacement after this guidance came out? (T-SB-0365-10)
Mine had the TSB replacement at ~60k miles with the PO. When I bought the truck at ~90k miles, the chirp was back. I recently replaced the clutch (not a bad job, but not fun if you're working on a garage floor and not a lift) using the replacement sleeve kit, and for now things are fine, but that's with maybe 1500 miles on the new clutch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom