What part of the car do you hate? Any advice on how others should handle their worst nightmare parts? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Whoever extended the roll cage to the front in our FJ-40 made one major mistake. The two roll bar legs in front are positioned so you cannot turn the window cranks unless you open the door. Since the vehicle is aerodynamic like a brick when moving it takes a bit of effort to swing the door open and crank the window up or down as the air pressure tries to squash your hand between the roll bar and window crank. Ed

Removing these.

Ranks right up there with rust abatement.
20200831_145516.jpg

I found it really easy with the top off. I don't think I would do it any other time.
You talking about taking those off with the lid an then separating them from the lid?

You talking about taking those off with the lid an then separating them from the lid?

Yep. I wouldnt try and wrangle those off without having everything fully separated.

I thought it'd be good to make a thread where people could talk about what parts, or what procedures they hate, hate with a passion, hate so much you want to rip the part out and throw it in the scrap bin than touch it. For me it's the fan shroud. It didn't matter what I was doing or how I was trying to fit it in. It was always in the way. Threads on here lead me to modify it by cutting in half, which makes it slightly more manageable.

Post what part/procedure on the 40 you hate, maybe someone will chime in with advice on how to make it more bearable to deal with.
The E brake mounted on the dash and my right knee would find it getting when it was set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom