New Hampshire Oil Undercoating (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently moved to VT and am using my 100 Series regularly for the first time in a long time. I'm pretty ecstatic to be able to use the truck as it's ideal for the dirt and gravel roads leading to my home. I am apprehensive about the winter however as VT uses a lot of salt and winters are looong here. I have an incredibly clean undercarriage and would like to keep it that way. Is anyone familiar with this undercoating oil? It was recommended by a local repair shop that I have come to trust. Home | NH Oil Undercoating

Picture for attention
IMG_20200621_142335.jpg

I go there every fall (I've got to make my appt!). I have had good luck with them, and my undercarriage is much much better than the average northeast truck. There was actually a study on undercoating and they didn't do as well as some other options, but I think it's the most efficient way to protect your truck. I go to the real shop in NH (they just moved last year), I know others have their proprietary oil, and probably do fine but I feel best with the original.

I go there every fall (I've got to make my appt!). I have had good luck with them, and my undercarriage is much much better than the average northeast truck. There was actually a study on undercoating and they didn't do as well as some other options, but I think it's the most efficient way to protect your truck. I go to the real shop in NH (they just moved last year), I know others have their proprietary oil, and probably do fine but I feel best with the original.

As someone who also lives in the rust belt and has a new southern truck to undercoat think you could share some pics of the undercarriage along with how long the truck has been up there (in the case that its a southern rig)? Just curious to see how effective the prevention is as I have to fluid film mine soon.

Why not just get the undercarriage pressure washer attachment and rinse the car off before you park it at night?

Heated pressure washer? You’d have to keep it away from your windshield.

If I had a super clean truck, I would do the cosmoline. I have a very rusty one so I do the fluid film bath ever fall, and then I give a few pounds of iron back to the earth in the spring.

Used them for the past 2 years on my Sequoia, and past year on my LX. The rust free florida undercarriage is still spotless. I'll try and grab some pictures today

Ahh you fine southern folk have no idea how bad these winters are. One does not simply rinse the undercarriage every night when they come home from work. Wish it was that easy.

You’ve no idea how bad 115 heat indexes are. Little Rock is the highest indexed heat in the country during many days in July and August and i agree the battle against rust is real but our battle to survive the summer is taxing. We’ve learnt to make it on very little down here. Our taxes (sales tax, state income tax, and real property tax) are extremely high, our electric bills are high from crankin a/c all summer, we’ve had to move to safe areas with high property taxes to get an acceptable public school, but by golly we’re flush with clean land cruisers.

But for me its the flooded timber duck hunting opportunity hat makes Arkansas the place to be.

You’ve no idea how bad 115 heat indexes are. Little Rock is the highest indexed heat in the country during many days in July and August and i agree the battle against rust is real but our battle to survive the summer is taxing. We’ve learnt to make it on very little down here. Our taxes (sales tax, state income tax, and real property tax) are extremely high, our electric bills are high from crankin a/c all summer, we’ve had to move to safe areas with high property taxes to get an acceptable public school, but by golly we’re flush with clean land cruisers.

But for me its the flooded timber duck hunting opportunity hat makes Arkansas the place to be.

I think you have the makings of a country western song there.

As someone who also lives in the rust belt and has a new southern truck to undercoat think you could share some pics of the undercarriage along with how long the truck has been up there (in the case that its a southern rig)? Just curious to see how effective the prevention is as I have to fluid film mine soon.
Actually a pain to get decent pics, but here's a few.

20200901_094843.jpg

20200901_094825.jpg

20200901_094729.jpg

20200901_094707.jpg

20200901_094559.jpg

Another undercarriage pic.

20200719_160111.jpg

I did my NE stint living in the Boston area. General wi ter unpleasantness

If I had a super clean truck, I would do the cosmoline. I have a very rusty one so I do the fluid film bath ever fall, and then I give a few pounds of iron back to the earth in the spring.
Already bought a gallon of fluid film, depending on how well it works I'll switch over to cosmoline.

Actually a pain to get decent pics, but here's a few.

Appreciate the pics, looks pretty good nice pup as well. Maybe I missed this but is NH undercoating cosmoline based or more like fluid film?

Already bought a gallon of fluid film, depending on how well it works I'll switch over to cosmoline.

Appreciate the pics, looks pretty good nice pup as well. Maybe I missed this but is NH undercoating cosmoline based or more like fluid film?
NH Oil Undercoating has their own proprietary blend that they try to keep tweaking, I'd say it is much thicker than fluid film, but probably not quite as thick as Cosmoline. I think it used to be lanolin based, but they got away from that so now your truck doesn't smell like burnt sheep. They typically recommend that you don't powerwash it, so it gets a grimy look, but still keeps working, which I am fine with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom