Starting a LC/LX not knowing if I have Master/Valet key or with no center console so no security light (2000 LC) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The complexities of Toyota's security variations are nuts. I've seen the clear work on Lexus cars, and apparently incorrectly concluded that it would have the same function here. :bang:

It will work on Lexus and Toyota, but only after 2002. The only way to reset 1998-2002 is to pull the eeprom from the ecu and reprogram it.

Good to know. Thanks for the clarification.

you have crank but no start?

do the medtro immobilizer fix. (search medtro)

Yes Crank no problem all day but no start. It is a 2000 so @Mauser is saying we cannot reset the the ECU at least not easily. But I'll check Medtro and see the fix.

Last edited:
And you're sure your immobilizer reader is getting a good read of the key?

Yeah great question.. since I have no center console which is missing, I do not know if we have any connection to the immobilizer. I do not know if I have a master key or valet key or if this is the key. Its my buddy's car as I mentioned. So he kinda bought it sight unseen.

That being said there are a bunch of cables left open b/c of no Center console.. Does anyone know which cable has the security light. I am thinking I can jerry rig a led light to show me if I have the master or valet key or a key that is not doing anything by looking at this security light.

it really sounds like an immobilizer problem. either in the relay or a problem with your fob or both.

to remedy relay > jump the relay like in the medtro thread and try to start it with the fob taped close to the ignition.

the security light ONLY tells you if you have a master or not, but the FOB should "kill" the immobilizer to let the valet/master key turn.

if doesnt crank with the relay jumped, its the fob. could be just low battery.

Hi Mauser. Wondering if you have any thoughts on my post here:

Happy to pay you for your services, if they apply to my situation, and continuing to support St, Francis House, an outreach run by my church here in Little Rock. Heck happy to also make a $50 donation to a place of your choosing. I am blessed to not have my job disrupted and to be able to work from home right now. Happy to do my part.

I
Hi Mauser. Wondering if you have any thoughts on my post here:

Happy to pay you for your services, if they apply to my situation, and continuing to support St, Francis House, an outreach run by my church here in Little Rock. Heck happy to also make a $50 donation to a place of your choosing. I am blessed to not have my job disrupted and to be able to work from home right now. Happy to do my part.

It could be the immobilizer, I am not too sure. I can either send you an ecu, or you can send me yours to flash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom