Events/Trails Coyote Flats trip Labor Day Weekend (9/3-7) 2020 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

According to my source open campfires are a NO GO. Propane should be good provided you have a valid Campfire Permit. For what's it's worth I have an extra one that I'm willing to give to someone for FREE, you just have to come and get it cause I don't deliver.

Well, I jump on that. What flavor can I get you??

A little potential whetting of the pallet but this video starts out were we took the "Thinking Tim" photo overlooking Green lake. This could be a good Sunday day-trip.

Frank

Couple more pics from 2018 funnel lake trip.
1598899817904.png

Funnel Lake Camp

1598900098128.png

The pass on the road to green lake 11,450'

1598899886994.png

Winding road from Green Lake back to camp looking east and White Mountains.

1598899931431.png

Pass on road to green lake looking west toward South Lake below.
1598901620738.png

The end of the road at Green Lake overlook 11,570'

Since it appears we may be restricted from a wood campfire, I am thinking of getting a propane fire pit. Anyone have experience with these and how long they last on a 20lb tank? Tried to find one on Amazon and cant get one delivered until next week. Walmart has one that can be delivered tomorrow, if I order now. Any thoughts?
1598909957449.png

From what I understand, a propane fire pit might be okay because there is no wood or charcoal in play and it has a shutoff valve to immediately extinguish the flame. The addition of a small cook grate would technically make it a propane stove/grill. If we could do just this to keep that element of fun for the kids it would be worth it.

Nada, just take it and use it. Sadly these things are the future, the age old wood campfire is sadly going by the wayside.
Can I come get it Wednesday night???

Mostly packed...

20200902_204816.jpg

I'm packed, ready to go. Probably on the 15 north near scripts poway along with Carl by 7:30-8:00. Will try to catch up with the rest of the group by Kramer junction or Bishop. Will be monitoring ham and frs.

Ready to go. Just loaded up and got my sons zoom meeting and homework links set up for drive.

looking forward to a trip report. I can't go up this weekend but am headed up there the following.

Yeah... About that... My trip to Mono Hot Springs next weekend in the high sierra is almost certainly cancelled due to fires and the now the USFS has effectively closed all of the National Forests in the state... and no ignition sources of any kind including gas stoves! Hopefully the smoke hasn't been too bad for the gang at Coyote Flats.

1599517813878.png

wind changed and the smoke up at Coyote Flat was bad. We had to leave, as well everyone in our area left early.
Hopefully your group had a good time.
Too many campers up there, seemed like some stayed though.

Phenomenal trip. Weather was amazing. Saturday smoke rolled in and everyone seemed to leave Sunday. We had our camping spot to ourselves Sunday / Monday.

I dont think crowds were an issue at all. That place is so expansive.

wind changed and the smoke up at Coyote Flat was bad. We had to leave, as well everyone in our area left early.
Hopefully your group had a good time.
Too many campers up there, seemed like some stayed though.

What rig were you in? Curious if we saw you. We stayed and had a blast.

What rig were you in? Curious if we saw you. We stayed and had a blast.
black LX450 w Hanna rear bumper. it's in my sig
It's beautiful there for sure

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom