Moto hitch carrier with spare tire, dissent bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I'm looking for feedback primarily from anyone running a no cut dissent rear bumper with a tire.

I'm gonna be mounting a hitch carrier for my 250lb bike and wondering if anyone has experience with a decent carrier that may clear a spare tire, narrow bike relatively narrow tire. Ive done some digging not found much info around the 100 series. Given how far the hitch receiver sticks out from the bumper I'm planning to find a carrier that will clear without using an extension.

From my rough measurements I need about 12 - 14" to Clear the tire.
PSX_20200830_124326.jpg

Also interested

I have the dissent no cut rear bumper and I’ve carried my dirt bike on this type of carrier. I was able to leave the spare on but had to take off the tray on the right side swingout. If the bike was any wider I would have probably needed a hitch extension which seems sketchy, or I would have probably just taken off the spare and that would have given me some room
B6FD24DB-5F9E-40EE-AE0F-0EA119F46F6B.jpeg

Mind sharing the carrier youre using?
Is that a 450? Looks like same bike I'm going to be carrying

I have been wondering the same thing. I have a MotoJackRack rack, and there’s a decent amount of clearance but I have a feeling I’d need to remove the spare. If anyone has a Dissent rear bumper in NoVa I’d greatly appreciate a test fit 😁
5CB585C6-180D-4CB1-B8C6-1CFE6DBA598C.jpeg

FF2FB078-F1ED-4E50-BF21-0ACFEF7032D7.jpeg

Mind sharing the carrier youre using?
Is that a 450? Looks like same bike I'm going to be carrying

My bike is a CR250 2 stroke, so a bit lighter than the 450’s but I got it from my buddy when he got a truck and he used to carry around his 450 on it just fine.
I just went into the garage and looked and it is made by cycle country, and has a “wedge-lok” system to keep it more stable in the hitch. I’m not sure if they still make this exact one or not. From the inner edge of the tire channel to the hitch pin is about 15” (see pic) and you wouldn’t want to go any less than that or you’ll definitely have to take off spare tire.
EB1D697D-87EC-44B1-8A63-19EA3145750A.jpeg

Can you post more details and pics? I also want to do that but with 500lb bike

I wish I could. I gave it to a friend when I bought a Tundra. Now I've sold the Tundra and I need to make another one. I used 2" angle for most of it. I made a small ramp that clipped onto the the rack as well so I could roll the bike up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom