LC vs. LX (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Allegedly many LCs got exported to Russia and Asia. So the supply is much lower compared to the LX.
Yup that is true. Back in 08-2010, Land Cruisers were DIRT cheap here in USA compared to everywhere else in the world. And exporters got hold of a lot of US LCs to send off to the rest of the world where they really hold their value. A 98/99 with about 100k in 2008 here in the US was like sub $10k.

I’m new to the 100 series. I recently picked up a stock ‘07 LC for all the well known reasons. Not long after I got it I drove my buddy’s ‘01 LX on 285/70/18’s for a couple weeks (otherwise stock). Honestly, the consensus that LX’s are great, more power isn’t needed and 5 speeds aren’t necessary is absolutely correct. I had no complaints about his LX, I’m even pretty jealous that he has seat memory! It’s a great rig for the money. I just couldn’t do that face 😂
View attachment 2420428View attachment 2420429
Your lx doesn't have seat memory for driver? My 06 does not passenger side though

...you are going to find more examples of the LX in the states , and most of those have never been offroad and meticulously maintained.

The AHC is great, but Once it fails I'm replacing the suspension.
Agreed and found the same when I began shopping. I really like the old school look of the brand, they are all Yodas in my book. Once Slee gets their next batch of hub centric spacers in, I'll get my Rock Warriors and Falkens into the game and my '05 LX will be All-Road / All-Wx prepped and set.
Cheers mates,
G

My LC does not have seat memory. I mean it was only $60k when new so why would it 🙄

Well, it's not like memory seats were added to the 4th gen 4runner Limited models in 2005 or anything... oh wait, nevermind...

An obvious oversight by Mr. T engineers was quick release seat bolts, especially for the front passenger seat. This would be very useful when the unreliable under seat amps amps start to die.

An obvious oversight by Mr. T engineers was quick release seat bolts, especially for the front passenger seat. This would be very useful when the unreliable under seat amps amps start to die.
Replaced that ml amp, that was $540 with shipping to united radio. But... The system sounds excellent otherwise - much better than my 2012 acura tl ELS (unless I'm listening to DVD audio!)

United Radio is making a killing at that price

I've had both (both 2000) and thought I would like the LC more but im really liking the LX. It has 245xxx miles and AHC still works flawlessly and it just a little bit enough more comfortable overall. Also easier to find
I wanted a newer lx and was having trouble finding. I started looking at 08',09' 4runners which are great but no 100 series !so stoked on the lx, we'll obsessed actually

Well, I fully planned to buy an LX, as wanted the lux version. when I found a less than perfect looking LC that drove great I was sold, though haven’t changed my name and still looking for the perfect LX, or 200 series....or...ok, I love them all.

Well, I actually wanted a 3rd gen 4Runner and couldn't find one that hadn't been beaten to death or had rust and needed all kinds of maintenance at some crazy price. So I settled for a 99 model LX instead.

Around here, a decent LX can be had for less than a 3rd gen 4Runner. The LX that I found is from Texas that had been serviced by Sewell and then moved to Louisiana. I've had to do a lot of work but I find the LX to be a lot of fun to drive. It is taking a while to build it to be the OR vehicle that I really want. It will take a year to get everything into shape.

I'm making some unique mods to the LX that I'm happy about. The LX has been one of the cars whrere the more I dig into it, the better I like what I'm finding.

Hopefully, you can find one from a region that hasn't been exposed to road salt or chemicals.

1599187865404.png

I pulled the trigger!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom