where can I buy a rear wind deflector (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
WHere is a good place to buy a rear wind deflector?

Not in this case.......

00424-60930, it has been discontinued for a number of years.

Cruiserparts.net charge $349 for it :eek: :eek: :eek: IIRC, I got mine from toyotaguys.com for less than $100 but I don't think it's available anymore; so Dan is your solution...Installation was easy theorically but my heart almost popped out a few times when drilling 4 small holes to the hatch.

Frank.

I have one. PM me...

What do these things actually do?

chris
94LC

they keep the rear window and hatch clear and clean by deflecting air downward. I was going to get one but I've found I don't need one on an 80. Not sure why. Different story on our forester and just about every other /suv i've ever seen. My advice is save your money for something else.

Semlin,

Big difference in rear hatch cleanliness from my experience (used to wipe clean the rear hatch between washes).

Frank.

If you climb up and load a lot of crap on yer rig...that thing is just in the way, also...it rubs off clearcoat and the drilled holes you add will potentially be new homes for rust..oh yeah...why do you need the rig so dang clean anyhow?

The one on my rig, which I removed, I think was OEM, althouh I could be wrong, and it required no drilling of holes...check sor.com

I'm looking for the passenger side (I'm assuming they're both identical) deflector mounting bracket. Anyone have one kicking around? I contacted cruiser parts and waiting to hear back, but I figured I would give a shout out here as well.

I'm looking for the passenger side (I'm assuming they're both identical) deflector mounting bracket. Anyone have one kicking around? I contacted cruiser parts and waiting to hear back, but I figured I would give a shout out here as well.
Check with @slow95z and @arcteryx They do parts trucks.

I don't want to bust up a set. I have a few complete wings.

I don't want to bust up a set. I have a few complete wings.

I completely understand but thank you for your reply. I'm thinking of checking with a few local machinists to see what it would cost to have two new ones milled out of aluminum. I suppose reaching out to a 3d printer is an option as well.

BTW, the rear wing deflector makes a great grab handle* and mounting location for a lightbar.

* yes, I know the deflector is aluminum and not meant to support hardly any weight but it acts as a good balancing point for your hands when trying to get up on the tailgate.

The light bar is a good idea I didn't think of.... Where the deflector was mounted is actually one of the very few areas of surface rust on my rig, which is going to have to be welded and drilled again if I was to go with the Deflector anyways. Thanks for the idea lumbee! BTW Slow95 did quote me a great price on a whole defector assembly.

If anyone wants to share some pics of a rear light bar setup where the deflector goes I'm all eyes! Thanks guys!

Or point me in the direction of an existing thread so I don't derail this one

FYI I have one I got from the junkyard today.. I don't need it but picked it up after I read this thread. Pm me if you are interested.

The light bar is a good idea I didn't think of.... Where the deflector was mounted is actually one of the very few areas of surface rust on my rig, which is going to have to be welded and drilled again if I was to go with the Deflector anyways. Thanks for the idea lumbee! BTW Slow95 did quote me a great price on a whole defector assembly.

If anyone wants to share some pics of a rear light bar setup where the deflector goes I'm all eyes! Thanks guys!
Here you go. The deflector is actually 3/16" aluminum and easy to drill.

We always seemed to arrive at camp late at night. When we get to camp now, I flip on the light and pull out the tent. I did not seal this lightbar and it has since died due to water intrusion. I need to purchase another one of the same size and replace this one. I don't bother with lumens or spot/flood lens. I just need light and the $20 light bars work just fine.

I also have upgraded reverse lights but the lightbar is significantly brighter when backing up into a hazardous situation.
1598885003691.png

Lumbee thanks for your reply, it looks great and I can see it being very useful on the trail or even for backing up at night!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom