GX460 Lexus tires question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just an update, I was able to fit a set of 275/70r18 KO2's with minor rubbing with Bilstein 5100's set at the second notch (0.85"). No rubbing on the body mount and just a little massaging on the fender liner.

I got 265/70/18 (32.6") tires to fit on non-F-sport factory GX rims (18x7.5, +25) with no rub. I did push the front inner fenderwell 1/2-3/4" forward by moving screw holes for the outer, bottom 3 screws that connect the liner to the front bumper.
On the rear side of the front wheel liner, I removed the screw everyone talks about, popped out it's recessed thread piece, and put in a metal bolt instead that I was able to attack to zip ties and pull back from behind to the running board frame bracket.
I have no lift, but no rub in any instance, and over 1" clearance to inner fender through full steering wheel location.
Do you have any rubbing on UCA at all with 275/70/18? Ever check for the tell-tsle shiny spots on the UCA? Are you running standard wheels with standard UCA? Some people with 2nd gen GX reported some UCA rubbing with even 265/70/18.

I got 265/70/18 (32.6") tires to fit on non-F-sport factory GX rims (18x7.5, +25) with no rub. I did push the front inner fenderwell 1/2-3/4" forward by moving screw holes for the outer, bottom 3 screws that connect the liner to the front bumper.
On the rear side of the front wheel liner, I removed the screw everyone talks about, popped out it's recessed thread piece, and put in a metal bolt instead that I was able to attack to zip ties and pull back from behind to the running board frame bracket.
I have no lift, but no rub in any instance, and over 1" clearance to inner fender through full steering wheel location.
Do you have any rubbing on UCA at all with 275/70/18? Ever check for the tell-tsle shiny spots on the UCA? Are you running standard wheels with standard UCA? Some people with 2nd gen GX reported some UCA rubbing with even 265/70/18.

2011 gx

Did a lot of research on this exact issue. Ended up going with 265/65/18. Faulken wildpeak at3. Great tire. No noise. Great stance. Fits great. The guys at the tire store were impressed how good they turned out.
I have a 2016 Lexus GX 460. I just replaced the standard tires with some Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 3's (265/65/18). They look great, however, I noticed some rubbing from the front tires when I enter (turning somewhat sharply) into a steep driveway (like a gas station). They don't rub during casual driving. Have you noticed anything like this with your Faulken Wildpeaks and if so have there been any other associated problems? It's a bit disconcerting and I'm considering downsizing to the original size (265/60/18) for piece of mind (assuming that will fix the problem).

If you like the size and look of the tire, it would be easier (read: cost effective) to just see/feel/hear where you're getting the rubbing and either use a heat gun or trim the offending area.
Other option is a small suspension lift...

I have the opportunity to get free of charge brand new Michelin AT2 tires size 275-65R18 for my 2015 Lexus GX460. This would be slightly larger than my stock 265-65R18 tires. Does anyone know they will rub?

I have the opportunity to get free of charge brand new Michelin AT2 tires size 275-65R18 for my 2015 Lexus GX460. This would be slightly larger than my stock 265-65R18 tires. Does anyone know they will rub?
265/60/R18 is stock for a GX 460. Not 265/65/R18. I posted in July about putting 265/65/R18 Revo 3's on my 2016 GX 460. They rode fine, but they rubbed when turning and hitting a large bump, eg. turning into a steep gas station driveway. I didn't see any rub marks and worried that the tire was hitting the strut. Replaced with 265/60/R18 Revo 3's and everything is fine.

I have a 2016 Lexus GX 460. I just replaced the standard tires with some Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 3's (265/65/18). They look great, however, I noticed some rubbing from the front tires when I enter (turning somewhat sharply) into a steep driveway (like a gas station). They don't rub during casual driving. Have you noticed anything like this with your Faulken Wildpeaks and if so have there been any other associated problems? It's a bit disconcerting and I'm considering downsizing to the original size (265/60/18) for piece of mind (assuming that will fix the problem).
Re: MJ Bear: Yeah, must be the tire make. I replaced with 265/60/R18 Revo 3's and everything is fine now. I was worried the tire was hitting the strut since there were no other rub marks. Funny thing is they had your WIldpeak's available and I almost tried them but instead I argued with the tire co. until they found 265/60 Revo's. Will keep the 265/65 Wildpeak's in mind for next time.

I never thought tires and wheel combinations were so complicated until now. Is it because of how GX's were made? Or is it true for all vehicle types? These are just things i wonder sometimes..just but what i really wanted to know is below

I have been reading about how 265/65/18 fit with no issues on a stock vehicle. But i wonder if they will still fit(no rub) if i used a wheel with a different offset from the stock. I was thinking of getting KMC with an offset of +00 with Falken Wildpeak AT3.

My vehicle is a daily driver. I drive it to NYC to job sites which requires parking in building garages so no lift planned. I just want it to look more offroady and get rid of the stock wheels which is too shiny for a silver vehicle.

I think most of the problems with tires are because of the actual size differences between the tires. For example, I have Falken Wildpeak AT3W in 275/70R-17. Compare that to the "same" size in BFG KO2 A/T. Falken lists the actual size as 32.4x10.8. BFG lists theirs as 32.2x10.9. Even within the same manufacturer the same tire size can actually be different (Falken's 285/70R-17 comes in at 32.8x11.2 and 33x11.6). Doesn't look like that big of a difference on paper but in reality it seems to matter.

I just about went nuts with this similar issue... spend lots of time on tiresize.com where you can see the differences in size, including offset for the wheels. I just replaced the stock 265/60/18s with 255/70/18s and they didn’t fit. i then tried 265/65/18s (about 1/2 inch shorter, but wider) and they DO have minor rubbing in the standard spot on the aft part of the forward wheel well. i have the inner bolt removed, but when reversing, in a moderate turn, the tread catches the molding. Sounds like a kid riding around the block with a playing card in his spokes....

my offset went from stock +15 to -12 For a slightly wider stance. My biggest issue is the spare, and wanted to maintain the ability to use the well. I saw a YouTube vid from a guy who seemed pretty competent saying a 255/70/17 is the largest tire that will fit in the well for the spare, which has the same overall dimensions as a 265/65/18.

2011 gx

Did a lot of research on this exact issue. Ended up going with 265/65/18. Faulken wildpeak at3. Great tire. No noise. Great stance. Fits great. The guys at the tire store were impressed how good they turned out.
Need new tires on the 16 GX 460. Was looking at the 265/65/18 Faulken wildpeak at3s. Since you had a good experience, I will go with it. Was worried about rubbing, but doesn't sound like that is an issue. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom