Prinsu Roof Rack and LX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey dudes!

I really fell for the prinsu roof rack, and went on their website to pick one out. It does not show that it fits the LX470, so I emailed back and forth with their sales team. They told me exactly what I was assuming. LC and LX are basically the same truck, it should fit. I ordered it, and it does fit. The obvious problem, the Prinsu rack has 3 anchor points on each main side bar. The LX, however, only has 2 anchor points to the roof when removing the OEM roof rack. Kind of a bummer that it doesn't fit. Soooo, time to seek yalls help. What roof rack do you like for the LX470? I have an '06.

Thanks!

2007 LX470 here, it'll fit, you just need to lift up the guide rail towards the front to expose the 3rd mounting point. LX and LC share the same roof

50265379506_50c0c73323_h.jpg

Also want to chime in and backup what Kabastanva said, the Prinsu is a good looking, light, low profile rack. However if you're going to be loading it up with a bunch of gear the other racks are stronger, i don't carry much, just maxtraxx, shovels, hi lift jack, snowboards, extra fuel, wood etc.. no RTT or big heavy cargo boxes on top.

I might also be guilty of getting this rack just because it looks good, the stock rack can more than carry what i'd use it for.

Last edited:
2007 LX470 here, it'll fit, you just need to lift up the guide rail towards the front to expose the 3rd mounting point. LX and LC share the same roof

50265379506_50c0c73323_h.jpg

Also want to chime in and backup what Kabastanva said, the Prinsu is a good looking, light, low profile rack. However if you're going to be loading it up with a bunch of gear the other racks are stronger, i don't carry much, just maxtraxx, shovels, hi lift jack, snowboards, extra fuel, wood etc.. no RTT or big heavy cargo boxes on top.

I might also be guilty of getting this rack just because it looks good, the stock rack can more than carry what i'd use it for.
WHOAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!! Tell me more. I had the thought that I may need to take up the weather stripping, but when I eye balled the back anchor and middle anchor, it looked like they didn't like up quite right...but obviously they will! Man, this makes me so happy. Thank you for sharing. Do you feel that the Prinsu won't be able to carry a RTT?

WHOAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!! Tell me more. I had the thought that I may need to take up the weather stripping, but when I eye balled the back anchor and middle anchor, it looked like they didn't like up quite right...but obviously they will! Man, this makes me so happy. Thank you for sharing. Do you feel that the Prinsu won't be able to carry a RTT?

It'll handle an RTT no problem, once bolted together it's pretty sturdy. If you remove the weather stripping on the roof you'll see all the mounting locations covered under it. Line up with the prinsu rack and install, apply copious amount of silicone to the bolts so it seals nice and tight and doesn't leak, i havent had any problem with that, been caught in some bad rain too.

There's a thread on this, check it out

It'll handle an RTT no problem, once bolted together it's pretty sturdy. If you remove the weather stripping on the roof you'll see all the mounting locations covered under it. Line up with the prinsu rack and install, apply copious amount of silicone to the bolts so it seals nice and tight and doesn't leak, i havent had any problem with that, been caught in some bad rain too.
Hey,
Taking another run at this rack today. Which stripping did you take off to find all 3 mounting points? Where the 2 are with the OEM rack? Or where I'm pointing?

IMG_20200830_162836.jpg

IMG_20200830_162830.jpg

Hey,
Taking another run at this rack today. Which stripping did you take off to find all 3 mounting points? Where the 2 are with the OEM rack? Or where I'm pointing?

View attachment 2420957

View attachment 2420958

The front mounting point is just behind where your finger is pointing. Careful though and try to slide it out rather than lifting it straight up and bending it, it's made of aluminum and once it folds, it'll be hard to get it back straight. look at my pic and gauge where the mounting point is, it's like right above the B pillar. But you gotta remove the entire strip to access everything, because the current front most point on your stock rack, will not be used, just plug it up with bolts and then use the middle one also covered under that trip piece. Remove it and you'll see.

50288040042_b3a185fb39_h.jpg

50288039882_9984a45bf4_h.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom